PDA

View Full Version : AQo......all in?

marcz908
05-02-2005, 01:37 PM
A: 1880
B: 2800
Me: 1325

I was big blind, A acted behind me, and then B. A is extremely aggressive/maniac, B is more strong and conservative. Blinds are 75-150. Everyone folds except us three, A is first to act, throws 500 in there. At this point I'm thinking, the blinds are getting big for my stack, I'm not gonna let this guy bully me, and get me blinded away, especially when I have a good hand like AQ. I decided, its either fold or all in. Player B calls the 500, I go all in, they both call. Now I am getting 2:1 for my money, and my hand is a favorite against most random hands, and judging from previous play by player A, he's a maniac and likely didnt have a monster. I am in an +EV expectation here right? Did I make the correct move putting my tournament life on the line in that situation?

Needless to say I lost, I was shocked when player A flipped AKo. But maybe I should have realized that, since even though he's a maniac, he never really raises that big preflop, only postflop will he make a raise like that most of the time.

Did I make the right move? Or did I loose my discipline a little and go on tilt with this guy?

brad the fish
05-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Sorry - not really on topic but:

Ace and queen into Race,
fifty fifty worst it is assumed
To Bad they fliped Ace king

----
I probably would call in this situation as well - but thats probably a leak for me.