PDA

View Full Version : kyro's QUEST!

kyro
05-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Welp, I've almost completed 500 SNGs at the 55s now. And it occurred to me that I have a leak in my game that can only be fixed by some sort of ingenious quest. I've got finals this week so I won't be able to play 435 tournaments a day like holla boy. No, I'm going to something even CRAZIER.

For the next 100 tournaments, I will not berate a fish.

Stay with me here. I know you all don't think it is possible.

After every suckout, every bad beat, every ridiculous call with J3o that takes down by AA, I will hold back the urge to type "Wow, ambitious call. You should go pro." Oh no, for the next 100 tournaments, my only responses will be "nh" and "gg." If I'm feeling really frisky. I might combine them. "nh, gg." That just sounds pro to me.

Anyways. I realize I'm taking an extreme spin on this. But I really need to learn to SHUT THE HELL UP at the tables. I'm not one of those who goes apesh*t when I get sucked out on. Rather, I'll make a snide comment about how wonderful of a player they must be. It's dumb. I'm winning money, I know they're not. Can I move on now?

So there it is. I will take all my bad beats without making a comment other than "nh" or "gg" to my opponent. It won't be easy, but at the very least I'll be able to post all my bad beats here on this site. Don't lie. You people thrive on this stuff.

Voltron87
05-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Are you still going to say vnh after someone calls your level 1 AK all in with AJ?

kyro
05-02-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you still going to say vnh after someone calls your level 1 AK all in with AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Absolutely not. I refuse to include the "v." for now. That will put me on tilt.

If I lose, yes. I will say nh. If I win, I'll giggle to myself and that will be that.

Elektrik
05-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Easier soution:

Dear PartyPoker,

Please disable my chat feature because I feel some strange urge to berate the players that willingly give me money, because I am an idiot.

Thanks,
kyro

John Hurst
05-02-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm going to go ahead an join you on this quest. Berating people has done nothing but make them target me later in the tourney. I don't berate frequently, but it's a waste of energy and concentration. Good luck to us.

kyro
05-02-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easier soution:

Dear PartyPoker,

Please disable my chat feature because I feel some strange urge to berate the players that willingly give me money, because I am an idiot.

Thanks,
kyro

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said Ivy Leaguers don't have a sense of humor?

jzpiano14
05-02-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easier soution:

Dear PartyPoker,

Thanks,
kyro

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tilt
05-02-2005, 01:05 PM
I won't join you on this quest. I still love berating fish who suck me out. Although it is aruably -EV at the tables to do so, it is definitely +EV in saved monitors and mice.

kyro
05-02-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I won't join you on this quest. I still love berating fish who suck me out. Although it is aruably -EV at the tables to do so, it is definitely +EV in saved monitors and mice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously I'll need to let out my anger somewhere. Elektrik has always been kind enough to lend me his ear.

kyro
05-03-2005, 02:25 AM
I got in 16 tourneys today. I didn't berate one single person. I actually didn't get bad beat by a moron until my last set when we were 3-handed and someone felt the need to call 8BB (his entire stack) with K7s. I wanted to call him an idiot, but instead i said "nh" and went on to my other tourney.

Progress is good /images/graemlins/smile.gif

curtains
05-03-2005, 02:26 AM
Do I win an award for going my entire life without ever berating an opponent?

kyro
05-03-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Do I win an award for going my entire life without ever berating an opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the committee was going to give you one, but they decided to take it away for instead berating people who come on here with stupid questions.

Apathy
05-03-2005, 03:40 AM
I don't berate per say, but from time to time I will make sarcastic comments, always after someone tells me how bad I am for calling an all in with J8o getting 2 to 1 on my money or pushing 10-8s at some appropraite point of the bubble. I never table coach or anything like that, just make sarcastic comments like, "Ya I have no clue, I just randomly push buttons, its been working so far" etc.

Phill S
05-03-2005, 04:10 AM
from now on, if i get called an idiot etc, i will respond:

ERROR12-Valid response not found, iniate protocol 42

why? cos 12 is my lucky number and hitchhikers guide is cool.

Nicok7
05-03-2005, 08:27 AM
+EV, for two obvious reasons: theses players will stay longer, and you are less likely to go on tilt (you know, like when they reply they had the implied odds and that you are a fish...) /images/graemlins/mad.gif