PDA

View Full Version : Fun w/ 66

The Dude
05-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Party Poker 5-10, 10 Handed. CO posts $7 blind.

Preflop:
MP limps, LMP limps, CO checks, button limps. The Dude raises in the SB w/ 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. BB folds, everyone else calls.

Flop: (11 SBs) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 Players)</font>
The Dude bets, MP calls, LMP folds, CO calls, button calls.

Turn: (7.5 BBs) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 Players)</font>
The Dude bets, LMP folds, CO calls, button calls.

River: (10.5 BBs) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>
The Dude checks, planning on calling one bet.

Comments?

spydog
05-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I just complete this hand in the SB with the thought that I will attempt to CR a raggedy flop if given the opportunity. Otherwise, I play for a set.

You give no reads so I'm not sure what I would do on this river. If they will call down with Ace-high then you need to bet. If they will call down with 5x then you need to bet. There are no busted draws here so who are you inducing a bluff from?

chief444
05-02-2005, 12:03 PM
I like the flop and turn. I don't really like check/call on the river. I don't really like the preflop raise either.

Yobz
05-02-2005, 12:04 PM
I don't hate the PFR, it builds fold equity...what am I saying, I do hate it...but thats only part of the hand
I like the flop bet on a rag board, but betting the turn into 3 players is not going to win you the pot, I probably check/fold the turn (am I too weak tight?)

The Dude
05-02-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but betting the turn into 3 players is not going to win you the pot, I probably check/fold the turn (am I too weak tight?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are. I have no reason to think that I'm not ahead here. Nobody raised the flop, so chances are pretty good nobody hit top pair (sure, they could have, but it's very likely they didn't). The pot is big enough that most people w/ just one overcard are going to call the flop. (Hands like J8s, A7, etc aren't folding the flop.) The turn card is actually one of the best ones possible for me, so there's no reason to not bet it again.

On the river, I don't think I'm going to get called by Ace high, although a 5 will most likely call. Realistically, I think it's going to get checked through here more often than not. However, once I check my hand looks a lot like a strong A, so I think a bluff bet is more likely than a call by a 5 or some other worse hand. I don't really feel good about calling (I'd rather it get checked through), but it's better than folding the river.

The Dude
05-02-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate the PFR, it builds fold equity...what am I saying, I do hate it...but thats only part of the hand

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't raising to build fold equity - I was raising it for its multiway value. (Although the fold equity certainly helped me on this hand.) What I didn't mention that actually was a useful piece of information is how loose the BB was (his VPIP was above 40 after 80 hands). He must have had absalute trash in order to have folded.

cnfuzzd
05-02-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't raising to build fold equity - I was raising it for its multiway value. (Although the fold equity certainly helped me on this hand.) What I didn't mention that actually was a useful piece of information is how loose the BB was (his VPIP was above 40 after 80 hands). He must have had absalute trash in order to have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still dont understand the reason behind the pf raise. You arent getting money on your set odds, even combined with the chance that you take it down unimproved. The BB being loose would make me more inclined to not raise it, especially with another probable loose poster, since if they get any piece of the board, they are probably going to showdown. You have no position, and im just confused.

However, "mr treehorn treats objects like women, man" so i know im probably wrong here. Educate me.

peace

john nickle

SA125
05-02-2005, 02:38 PM
That board helps to make it even more fun.