PDA

View Full Version : Help! Party NL25 6max is killing me...

Obliky
05-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Im having serious trouble at NL25 6max on party...i either finish a session a small winner or a very large loser.

I am normally a winning player, i can pretty much dominate UB SnGs at $1 and $5 level and i have been doing pretty well at small stakes NL games on PS.

The trouble im having with party is that the players are so completely utterly awful that i cannot even attempt to put anyone on a hand..ever...not even on the river after ive been trying to protect my TPTK etc. These guys are completely killing me and i cant seem to figure out why.

Looking at my poker tracker stats (normally im a SLA/A) at NL25 6max im very LAG for some reason:

After 636 hands,
VP$IP: 33.96
W%WSF: 33.86
Went to SD: 18.5
Won % at SD: 40.43
PF Raise: 11.01 <-- This looks too high..is it ok for 6max?
Now the really worrying stats:

Post flop AF: 8.48 <-- This MUST be too high?
Amount won: -$70.22

So anyone got any ideas on what im doing wrong? Can anyone tell me how to play against these idiots? I mean how can you play against a table of ppl who call a $2 raise with hands like K9o? Now against just one player who calls raises with stuff like that im usually gonna be ok..but a whole table of them??

Help me! I really hate being beaten by morons....

Obliky

greg nice
05-02-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

After 636 hands,

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

wtfsvi
05-02-2005, 12:01 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
I mean how can you play against a table of ppl who call a $2 raise with hands like K9o? Now against just one player who calls raises with stuff like that im usually gonna be ok..but a whole table of them??

[/ QUOTE ]

It's obvious really. Tighten up and raise larger.

But your samplesize is way way too small.

Obliky
05-02-2005, 12:25 PM
I agree that my sample size is very small..but im really feeling like im getting slaughtered by muppets and i want to get to the root of the problem now..not in 5000 hands time.

[ QUOTE ]
raise larger.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started off raising to $1 which is my normal 4xBB raise..but pretty much the whole table was calling me with anything, so i started rasing to $1.5 then to $2. However im still getting 2 to 3 callers in 6max. Should i start raising to $3? It just seems wrong to raise that much pre-flop.

Obliky

Ghazban
05-02-2005, 12:30 PM
It sounds like you are just on the wrong end of variance. 636 hands is nowhere near enough to be seriously worried.

I don't know if it'll make you feel any better but I hate the very small Party NL games, too. I always feel like I don't know where I'm at and, during bad runs of cards, its easy to see monsters everywhere. I built my bankroll up playing limit and now regularly play the 1/2 blind NL Party game. My BB/100 isn't as good in that game as at the smaller ones, but I am a lot more comfortable playing it. There are still some idiots and maniacs but I generally feel more like I know where I'm at. If somebody raises with Q8o preflop, they're making a move-- its not that they think its a good hand.

Obliky
05-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks, that does make me feel better /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I mean losing $70 isnt a big deal..its not really the money its that i know im better than the guys im losing too (not difficult i admit) and i hate losing to people who are clearly just chasing cards. I really do wish i had the bankroll to skip NL25 and move up to NL50 or NL100..but unfortunately i dont /images/graemlins/frown.gif

On a side note, check out this for a hand..this is pretty normal stuff on the tables i was playing on, but i thought this one was one of the best:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($24.25)
Hero ($19.7)
Button ($15.75)
SB ($12.7)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB calls $11.70 (All-In), BB calls $11.70, Hero folds.

Turn: ($26.40) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($26.40) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $26.40

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 7d 9s (two pair, nines and eights).
SB has 3s Qd (two pair, eights and threes).
Outcome: BB wins $26.40. </font>

swolfe
05-02-2005, 12:49 PM
yuck, switch to full table, play for sets, bonus whore. the bankroll will be there in less than a month.

Obliky
05-02-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
switch to full table, play for sets, bonus whore

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like a very good idea...will do.

The best thing about the hand i posted is that afterwards the guy with the 3 complained and the 79 guy said "Sorry but i had to call"

lol

theweatherman
05-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Obviuosly your sample size is too small, but thats been mentioned. If players are going to call bigger bets with worse hands then that is very good for you. You will make money in the long run if you get callers when you have a better hand.

As for post flop play it works well if you look for reasons to fold. Identify each player's weakness and wait for the perfect moment to exploit it. Common mistakes at this level are people who grossly over play pocket pairs and people who bluff a lot. Don't go too crazy with mediocre holdings, especially in early position. Given time you will spike your top two pair on the button and take all the chips. The trick is to not lose it by making moves out of position against calling stations.

In all dropping less than three buyins should not kill you, unless you have a bankroll which is too small. Before you give up give yourself time to adjust to the players and the game, it is very different from the sit and goes you are used to. 25nl is beatable by almost any player with only basic skills. I'm sure it will turn around for you, just give it time.

fathertime
05-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Others have noted the small sample size. Given that, here is the problem:

Won % at SD: 40.43

Winning players are in the 50's; losing players in the 40's.

And so you are either going to showdown with the worst of it or have been getting sucked out on.