PDA

View Full Version : Omaha /8 Bubble Hand - rate my play.

Cleveland Guy
05-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Pokerroom $10 +$1

Stacks (approx, except for Button)

UTG - $5,300
BUtton - $315
Hero (SB) - $6,800
BB -$2600

Blinds are 150/300

hero is dealt K 8 6 3 - Rainbow

UTG Folds, Button bets all in (315), Hero Calls.

Is calling good here? is raising to isolate better - or too obvious?

Tilt
05-02-2005, 11:50 AM
I like a call here. If BB comes over the top back off and let them fight it out. Your hand isn't great, but its good enough to take a shot at bursting the bubble with.

Phil Van Sexton
05-02-2005, 11:54 AM
What do you mean by "too obvious"?

Seems like a clear raise. Your hand is nothing special, but if you can get the BB to fold, your pot odds are fantastic.

It doesn't change my answer (raise), but is this limit or pot-limit?

Cleveland Guy
05-02-2005, 11:56 AM
This is limit.

And I'm really not trying to knock out the button here - I'd love to have my random hand split with him, to keep the bubble alive.

It's kinda almost a chip dumb - yes?

Cleveland Guy
05-02-2005, 11:57 AM
This is potlimit.

And I'm really not trying to knock out the button here - I'd love to have my random hand split with him, to keep the bubble alive.

Phil Van Sexton
05-02-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get the BB to fold, your pot odds clearly make this +EV for you, so I wouldn't count it as a chip dump. It's not like you are calling with 32o from the BB in holdem.

It's more like a chip re-distribution.

Clearly your plan is to keep the bubble going and to steal blinds. Those blind steals will be much more obvious that this play, so I wouldn't worry about its "obviousness".

Phil Van Sexton
05-02-2005, 09:50 PM
This post inspired me to play my first ever omaha8 pot-limit sng for $33.

As you might expect, I won. These players were so bad, I almost couldn't believe it. Why am I working my ass off at NL, when there are o8 players who don't understand what a qualifying low is?