PDA

View Full Version : A somewhat common situation that I never know how to play

Ghazban
05-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Live 4/8 at Foxwoods. Game is very good and I am in perfect position-- the 4 loose chip spewers to my direct right and the best, tightest players directly to my left. I get the button 4 times a round if I want it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, I get QQ in the SB. Its folded to LMP, who limps, CO limps, Button limps, I raise, BB calls, limpers call.

Flop: JJ6r (10 SB less rake)

I bet, BB folds, LMP raises, CO 3bets, button folds, I...?

CO's been a calling station all day and LMP has only been there about an hour but has played like a total maniac. His raise could mean anything or nothing but CO's raise is abnormal.

Assuming I don't fold, what's my plan for the turn and river? There are no draws out at all so I'm either way ahead or way behind, right?

Fnord
05-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah, this is very much a live poker hand because I find a fold here more often. Also consider that LAggy could get into a chip tossing contest with LooPy with you stuck in between.

If I'm not folding, I would cap and lead the turn in an effort to either slow them down or set-up a turn fold.

chief444
05-02-2005, 10:39 AM
What I like best about calling stations is you win a lot from them when they have junk but never have to pay them off when they have a big hand.

27offsooot
05-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Fold this without a second thought. I remember a similar flop (JJ4) i had with QQ out of the sb at a good live 6/12 table. I lead, it's raised by a decent player (1010), three bet by a passive player (AJo), and capped by a passive player (44). Easiest fold in my life. Of course the river is a Q.

Steve S
05-02-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming I don't fold, what's my plan for the turn and river? There are no draws out at all so I'm either way ahead or way behind, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would lead the turn. If it gets raised by the CO - fold. If called by both, check/call river.

I don't mind a fold on the flop based on your read of the CO - no reason to throw $ at this pot. If the game is that good - pick a better spot.

grtflone
05-02-2005, 11:16 AM
how about call the 3 bet, bet out the turn and fold to a raise.

If no raise check/call the river.

Bill C
05-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Fold it.
You could stick around if it was just one bet, but not two.
Even idiots get good cards sometimes.
And these two idiots aren't calling, they're raising.

bc

Yobz
05-02-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold this without a second thought. I remember a similar flop (JJ4) i had with QQ out of the sb at a good live 6/12 table. I lead, it's raised by a decent player (1010), three bet by a passive player (AJo), and capped by a passive player (44). Easiest fold in my life. Of course the river is a Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should work on flopping that queen instead of rivering after you don't have odds to call, that way you would win more... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fat Nicky
05-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Easy fold with the passive player 3-betting, looks like you're drawing to 2 outs.

Ghazban
05-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the responses. I did end up folding, though I hated it (it was the only tough decision I made that whole 13 hour session). Turn brick went check, bet, call, river brick went check, check, and passive guy's pocket nines took down the pot (maniac didn't show).