PDA

View Full Version : simple question

Chris Daddy Cool
05-02-2005, 10:23 AM
live 6/12

4 limpers, 3 suck, one is not horrible. i complete in the sb with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. bb checks. 6 to the flizop.

flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

i check. bb checks. sucky one bets. sucky two folds. not horrible one calls. sucky three folds.

what is my plan of action?

ErrantNight
05-02-2005, 10:24 AM
raise!

Fnord
05-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Call and see what happens on the turn, keeping the pot small and your strength hidden.

Chris Dow
05-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Both of these approaches are reasonable, however since the board is so draw heavy, I side with Fnord most times here. I'd really love to hit a low heart and then stick it to them with a turn cr.

ErrantNight
05-02-2005, 10:32 AM
i don't see much advantage in keeping your "strength" hidden, and bb hasn't invested a bet yet. a raise here should fold him a reasonable amount of the time, because, as you say, the pot is small(ish).

i can protect my hand now, and while there's some unfriendly cards that could come on the turn, it's certainly not a plurality of them.

BigEndian
05-02-2005, 10:43 AM
I would love to post something meaningful in this thread, but I can't take my eyes off your avatar.

- Jim

Nate tha' Great
05-02-2005, 10:46 AM
I kinda like calling here and stop-n-going a non, diamond, non broadway turn card.

Fnord
05-02-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I kinda like calling here and stop-n-going a non, diamond, non broadway turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you still lead if the flop aggressor starts to bet out of turn?

Nate tha' Great
05-02-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Fnord
05-02-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/fold or check/raise?

ErrantNight
05-02-2005, 10:50 AM
i missed the caller after the flop bettor... would your line be the same regardless of this schmoe?

Nate tha' Great
05-02-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/fold or check/raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably check/call.

Nate tha' Great
05-02-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i missed the caller after the flop bettor... would your line be the same regardless of this schmoe?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have been more inclined to check-raise the flop if there were no caller, but it depends on what kind of suck the sucky player sucks.