PDA

View Full Version : QT hand

Obliky
05-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($25)
MP ($11.3)
Hero ($24.9)
Button ($6.1)
SB ($12.82)
BB ($22.5)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.25. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.5</font>, BB calls $0.50, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.50) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $9</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $19.50

Comments?

swolfe
05-02-2005, 09:50 AM
just call on the turn. he's giving you a cheap river card.

also, i'd probably raise preflop. it's you, the blinds, and a UTG poster. use your position.

Zag
05-02-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just call on the turn. he's giving you a cheap river card.

also, i'd probably raise preflop. it's you, the blinds, and a UTG poster. use your position.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't see that turn bet as a blocking bet, trying to get a cheap river card himself? Certainly, a lot of the time, that's what it would be. I don't hate the raise (assuming it was a blocking bet), nor the laydown (realizing that it wasn't).

I agree about a raise preflop, though. In the cutoff position especially, and with the dead money of the UTG poster (who, of course, has already identified himself as a donkey). It should buy the button, and, even if it is called, QTs plays very well with position and momentum.

By "momentum," I mean that if you show aggression preflop, even in a blind-steal position, your opponents have to have some fear if an A or K flops. With QTs, many flops with A or K in them will also be very nice semi-bluffing flops. So, basically, any paint on the flop will give you top pair or will scare your opponents that you have top pair, and you should be able to pick it up.

swolfe
05-02-2005, 12:20 PM
could be, but i think that hero is behind here (T9 looks probable). there's still some showdown value, so i'd like to keep the river affordable.

if you're going to fold to a minraise, you might as well have called...then called wimpy river bet that's sure to come.

Obliky
05-02-2005, 01:05 PM
If i remember correctly the villian in this hand was very fishy..so TBH i expected him to fold to my re-raise on the turn..i mean how much more strength can i show? But his re-re-raise made me pretty sure he had T9 or some other 2 pair hand.