PDA

View Full Version : KTs BB

Chris Daddy Cool
05-02-2005, 09:26 AM
6/12

a tight/decent playing kid limps UTG. D1, D2, D3, D4 call (who all play pretty terribly). SB calls. I raise in the bb with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG now 3-bets. D1 folds. D2, D3, D4 call again. SB now folds. I call. 5 to the flop for 17 small ones.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check. UTG bets. D2 calls. D3 folds. D4 calls. I call. 4 to the turn for 10.5 big ones.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Check. Check. Check. Check.

River: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet.

Chris Dow
05-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Don't like the river bet at all. UTG is going to look you up with better. Now if you're thinking you can squeeze him out by presenting him with an uncomfortable position, ie, people to act behind him then you're right, you may have a decent bluff on him now. If you think he will fold with that in mind, than the bet gets a lot better, particularly since you have the "nut ten" and a bunch of the terrible donkeys behind the utg player could certainly end up looking you up with jt qt t7. You need to think that he is competent enough to get forced into a fold because of action behind him to make this bet.

Fnord
05-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Think the kid is folding KK/QQ/JJ?

ErrantNight
05-02-2005, 09:55 AM
nh

Frequitude
05-02-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think a "decent and tight" kid is limping KK/QQ/JJ UTG?

Chris Daddy Cool
05-02-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think a "decent and tight" kid is limping KK/QQ/JJ UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

he limp-reraised.

Fnord
05-02-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

he limp-reraised.

[/ QUOTE ]

From UTG too, given the description of the kid it looks very legit.

Chris Dow
05-02-2005, 10:22 AM
It's also my opinion that he isn't going to fold whatever he limp reraised here, but that would be the deciding factor in whether or not I liked CDC's play.

private joker
05-02-2005, 12:56 PM
The problem is, even if UTG folds a better hand, there are 2 more donks who will call CDC down, one of whom probably has a weak ace.

sthief09
05-02-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is, even if UTG folds a better hand, there are 2 more donks who will call CDC down, one of whom probably has a weak ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

someone with an A would probably bet the turn when it's checked to them. the pot is clearly big enough that it's worth a shot

sthief09
05-02-2005, 01:06 PM
he doesn't need to fold often

Nick C
05-02-2005, 02:06 PM
I think the river bet is worth a try, although I expect UTG to call, and, like Private Joker, I worry that there's a scared ace out there (and, also, if someone just made a straight or two pair, that would be unfortunate). But there's a good chance no one acting behind UTG has you beat, and in fact if you can get past UTG, you may pick up a bet or two from worse hands (such as Q4s and J8o and 33).

Anyway, when I was reading this hand, the turn blank was at the bottom of the screen at first, and when I got to that point, I thought, "Wait a minute? How did CDC manage to get to the river?" But then I scrolled down, saw the four consecutive checks, and remembered that this hand took place at a B&M table.

cnfuzzd
05-02-2005, 02:10 PM
right or wrong, i play it the same.

peace

john nickle

SA125
05-02-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
someone with an A would probably bet the turn when it's checked to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not the Any Ace loving weak tighties who love to call but not bet.

[ QUOTE ]
the pot is clearly big enough that it's worth a shot

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. You're probably toast, but it's the river. Why not?

Fnord
05-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Just out of random results-oriented interest, how did this end up?

PokerBob
05-05-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
6/12

a tight/decent playing kid limps UTG. D1, D2, D3, D4 call (who all play pretty terribly). SB calls. I raise in the bb with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG now 3-bets. D1 folds. D2, D3, D4 call again. SB now folds. I call. 5 to the flop for 17 small ones.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check. UTG bets. D2 calls. D3 folds. D4 calls. I call. 4 to the turn for 10.5 big ones.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Check. Check. Check. Check.

River: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are beat here. Assuming your read is correct, UTG has a big pair and although the jackasses behind him may scare him, ain't folding in this massive pot. Me no likey.

jskills
05-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Why do we raise preflop here?

PokerBob
05-05-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

someone with an A would probably bet the turn when it's checked to them. the pot is clearly big enough that it's worth a shot

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't these 2 statements contradict each other somewhat? Someone with an A likely would have bet the turn. Villain must know this AND the pot is large, so is not his call here mandatory, since he now has no real reason to fear the overcallers?

Hoi Polloi
05-05-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are beat here. Assuming your read is correct, UTG has a big pair and although the jackasses behind him may scare him, ain't folding in this massive pot. Me no likey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. What does UTG limp/rr with that does not have you by the cojones? 99? KQs? These seem unlikely compared to Group A holdings all of which beat you.

Plus the guy with the weak Ace.

JoeyJoJo Shabadu
05-05-2005, 10:51 AM
I've limp-raised with AA many times before... I hate betting out AA and seeing everyone fold. At least that way I get much more in the pot.

Entity
05-05-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do we raise preflop here?

[/ QUOTE ]

We /images/graemlins/heart.gif large pots against lots of loose limpers with a hand that does well multiway.

jskills
05-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Ok - how about calling the flop bet when we have nothing?

I realize the pot is 10 BB and we're closing the action, but with little more than a backdoor flush and backdoor straight, why do we still hang around?

And if the turn is bet, do we figure one of the large field of opponents has an Ace - so we fold?

Justin A
05-05-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I realize the pot is 10 BB and we're closing the action, but with little more than a backdoor flush and backdoor straight, why do we still hang around?

And if the turn is bet, do we figure one of the large field of opponents has an Ace - so we fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

The backdoor flush alone is almost enough to call the bet getting 20:1. Throw in the backdoor straight and trips outs and it becomes an easy call.

Entity
05-05-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With an 89T 3-straight and a AKT gutshotted 3-straight, we've got more than the normal amount of BD straight outs (a 6 gives us a gutshot; a 7 gives us an OESD; a J gives us an OESD; a Q gives us a gutshot).

Add this up to 2pr/trip outs + a BD flush, and it's a call getting 20:1.

Rob