PDA

View Full Version : I found this question kind of interesting.

bernie
05-02-2005, 06:09 AM
I can't think of how to answer it. Yet it seems so friggin' simple. Maybe it's just because it's late and I'm tired.

[ QUOTE ]
If you could visit one foreign country at ANY point in it's history, where would you go, when would you go, and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

b

NLSoldier
05-02-2005, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of how to answer it. Yet it seems so friggin' simple. Maybe it's just because it's late and I'm tired.

[ QUOTE ]
If you could visit one foreign country at ANY point in it's history, where would you go, when would you go, and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Israel, during the time of Jesus, lots of reasons.

istewart
05-02-2005, 06:20 AM
Israel*.

I like Vietnam, Tet 1968.

Or Hiroshima in '45. I'd fly by and say "pwned nubs."

NLSoldier
05-02-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Israel*.

I like Vietnam, Tet 1968.

Or Hiroshima in '45. I'd fly by and say "pwned nubs."

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao, I was going to say that I wanted to watch Jesus pwn some n00bs. But then I realized that he sorta got pwned.

jgorham
05-02-2005, 06:24 AM
The saddest part of growing up for me is coming to grips with the fact that I will only be able to do a few things well, and will have a relatively inconsequential amount of experiences and understanding.

I can't answer this question because there are just too many awe-inspiring circumstances which are impossible to compare.

Non_Comformist
05-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Rome, time of julius cesar

Blarg
05-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Damn, this really is a tough one. I've been thinking on it for a few minutes and can't really come up with one that is a lock.

I'm assuming the conditions are enough wealth and status to do a lot of the things you want to do, maybe even the ability to fit in as well as any of the locals.

I am kind of partial to Hawaii in the 1900's. And I think Hong Kong in the 50's would be really interesting, though for such different reasons. And maybe Switzerland at some time in the 1900's, because I love mountains, forests, great views, and fresh air so much.

It seems almost impossible to decide.

Non_Comformist
05-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Also Ancient China, when they have the dynasties, perhaps the meng.

The Dude
05-02-2005, 07:53 AM
For the sake of this question, am I limited to my current understanding of language?

DavidC
05-02-2005, 08:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn, this really is a tough one. I've been thinking on it for a few minutes and can't really come up with one that is a lock.

I'm assuming the conditions are enough wealth and status to do a lot of the things you want to do, maybe even the ability to fit in as well as any of the locals.

I am kind of partial to Hawaii in the 1900's. And I think Hong Kong in the 50's would be really interesting, though for such different reasons. And maybe Switzerland at some time in the 1900's, because I love mountains, forests, great views, and fresh air so much.

It seems almost impossible to decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure the swiss have all of those things right now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bernie
05-02-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the sake of this question, am I limited to my current understanding of language?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope.

b

meep_42
05-02-2005, 03:40 PM
I'll have French toast during the renaissance.

-d

Shajen
05-02-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Great question bernie....

Many places...Germany, during Hitler's last few days, so I could capture the bastard and stop him from commiting suicide. The trial would be awesome.

Tsunami a few months back..I'd try to warn them.

Man, so many choices....10 November 1776 would be cool. For those that don't know, that's the birthday of Marine Corps. That would be sweet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Tun Tavern. Philly. Beer.

Zeno
05-02-2005, 03:53 PM
State of Lu, China, about 500 B.C.

-Zeno