PDA

View Full Version : What kinds of pockets are you raising with from both blinds?

intensify1
05-02-2005, 04:30 AM
Also what do you do with your pockets heads up against a preflop raiser?

Dave

imported_leader
05-02-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]
Highly read dependent. Also the position of the raise is important. TT+ with out question. 99 most of the time. 88, 77 sometimes but you need an aggressive read. 66-22 only in very select cases were you know your opponent will fold overcards UI on the flop or turn.

Edit: I'm assuming HU. Other players it change things a lot.

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 04:46 AM
the question is just too vague

oreogod
05-02-2005, 06:11 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1880685329.01._PIdp-schmooS,TopRight,7,-26_PE34_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Heres what SSHE did for me....

Before SSHE AND HPFAP (and in general, twoplustwo):

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/46.jpg

After reading SSHE AND HPFAP, I became a:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/drivett/PLAYER.gif

and:

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~raza/owned-cat.jpg

...the table

Edge34
05-02-2005, 06:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally just put my hands in them...or not, depending on what I'm doing. Like, if I need a bill or something, I'll go in. If I'm actually playing the hand, I'll use my hands to hold my cards, therefore keeping them out of my pockets.

[end semi-sarcastic semi-rant]

Pockets...pocket pairs? Hole cards? What do you mean man?????

NickRegino
05-02-2005, 06:33 AM
Almost all pockets HU are good to 3-bet against a PF raise, except things like 22-66. I would just call with these in hope for imporvement, most opponents HU will be aggressive and end up at the showdown with just high card ace, keep that in mind.
But in any other situation raising with pockets is very positional, for ex. in full handed game AA KK QQ JJ TT should always be raised in any position and all played against a raise except for TT i recommend onl taking JJ to a 3-bet and QQ KK AA can all be capped.

if folded to you in a full game 99-AA can all be raised starting from MP1.

the later you position is closer to the button the more likely hood you can raise with smaller pockets.

intensify1
05-02-2005, 08:29 PM
i agree, since i bought the book the moment it came out and i apply it, however given that ga,mes are ever changing i was kind of curious what other thougths there were in regards to this.

intensify1
05-02-2005, 08:30 PM
well i agree the pockets are a comfort zone for me as well when im faced with some tough decisions, it hides the fact that you may be figiting i guess.

I am speaking about pocket pairs, sorry for the confusion guys.

intensify1
05-02-2005, 08:33 PM
are you for sure about that? I usually only 3 bte with TT and up. If there is one raiser and i am next to act i call with 99 and fold all other pairs preflop, but if there is a raiser and a cold caller then i call with 22-88 also. Is this optimal or should i be modifying my play with these hands?

Thanks

intensify1
05-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Well i am referencing pocket pairs agains a heads up preflop raiser and so forth how do you play them? Which iones do you 3 bet with HU and which ones do you fold and wich ones just call with?

Thanks

bweiser8311962
05-02-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you for sure about that? I usually only 3 bte with TT and up. If there is one raiser and i am next to act i call with 99 and fold all other pairs preflop, but if there is a raiser and a cold caller then i call with 22-88 also. Is this optimal or should i be modifying my play with these hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding 8s and below, IMO, is way too tight.

NickRegino
05-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Well hmm 22-66 if there was a raiser, I usually call with my pocket pair, but it also depends on how many poeple are in, you mainly want to just flop a set. If you don't improve on the flop then go ahead and fold.