PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Houston

Isura
05-02-2005, 03:11 AM
Myself and a friend will be visiting a college friend who is now a student in Houston (Rice univ). Thing is that he seems to study too much, so hasn't had a chance to see the city much himself since moving last year. Suggestions?

Yobz
05-02-2005, 03:41 AM
Houston Zoo /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eurotrash
05-02-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as an alternative, I suggest The Zoo (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=inet), while in Houston.

istewart
05-02-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as an alternative, I suggest The Zoo (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=inet), while in Houston.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

Dead
05-02-2005, 03:54 AM
Do you own a powershot A70?

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 04:31 AM
The "Outback Pub" is ok.
"The Roxy" is a nice club and it's always poppin.
If you like stand up comedy, check out "Laff Spot". It's good stuff.

Drop acid and go to astro/water world...there's always a party to find in Houston.

If you want to play some live poker, check out bigslicks...www.bigslicks.com

The regulars really suck. It's mostly a 1/2 NL game, but you can raise to $30 with aces preflop and get 4 callers on average. BYOB.

I can't remember the name of the only strip club that i've been to that was worthwhile. Whatever you do, don't go to lipsticks or sugars. They smell like douche and VD.

wonderwes
05-02-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you want to play some live poker, check out bigslicks...www.bigslicks.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy freaking crap. That is my home town of Clear Lake where my parents live. How long has this place been there? These guys say they run the club by membership fee and run a normal poker room in TX with no rake. How is that possible?

The website even stated police offers get in free of charge. So this guy is able to run a legit public club with membership? I thought even though there is still no rake taken, I still thought there is no way you can run a place like that in TX. How do they get around the law? I remember how Austin PD shut down the Austin Poker Club around 2 years ago.

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 04:54 AM
They found some kind of loophole. You pay $25 for a yearly membership...then you have to pay $10/hr for a seat. Which isn't very cheap, but that's the price you pay. They say it's not a "rake" it's a rent, like a pool hall. Just like a pool hall. I've played with cops in there, there is no alcohol sold there, it follows all the rules and the games are cakewalk...Just dont play the tourneys. The structure sucks.

wonderwes
05-02-2005, 04:55 AM
Also try the downtown bars. They are pricy but some are fun on Thursday night. I highly suggest going to the Flying Saucer downtown, they have over 200 beers on tap. Go eat some quality mexican food. I suggest Chuy's or Cafe Adobe. People like bars like Sam's Boat, and Hurricane Harbor. Outback Pub is a great place. Its resturant city, so enjopy.

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 05:06 AM
Cafe Adobe is off the hook.