PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here surf?

B Mando
05-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Anyone? I know most of you guys are pale college kids from NE(nothing wrong with that...I study in boston) but I know there are a lot of people from LA here and some of you guys have to surf. I am from about 45 minutes south of LA so I get out every so often during the summer and ripe it up if the conditions are good. I used to go to Huntington beach on the north side(as south side is always blackballed) of the pier like everyday during the summers(when I was high school) but these days I usually go to newport(closer to my house). When I was home over spring break the wedge was breaking. Some guy tried to surf it but he kinda sucked. The sets seemed really far apart so it wasnt that cool to watch. There was one guy out there who looked like thunder keller(same size and the only guy not wearing a wetsuit in like REALLY cold water) but I didnt seem him get any waves. So, do any of you guys surf or is watching baseball all you guys do?

Emmitt2222
05-02-2005, 01:37 AM
I surf the Jersey shore which obviously isnt anything like Cali, but contrary to popular opinion it is more than doable most days during the summer. I also suck horribly. I have been doing it for about 2 years casually with an 8 foot board which is just inbetween a long and short board. Hopefully I will get better this summer and buy a slightly shorter board with poker moneys.

istewart
05-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Where at the shore?

B Mando
05-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Dude, my best friend has a house there(because his dad used to go on vacations there when he was kid) and he always invited me there during the summers. When I was in high school Ocean City is the place to be man! I loved it(these were the pre-drunk and gambling days). He lived in the 30s but we always used to surf 57th(?) street and all the way down at the other end also. There were some days when there would be a storm waves and REALLY strong current so his dad would drop us off down on like 15th or something and we would just surf until we got down to 57th and he would meet us there. The boardwalk was also really fun at night(for high school kids). I went there like 3 or 4 summers and we went to AC by ourselves once and played slots. I remember losing twenty bucks and being pooped on by a seagull.

beta1607
05-02-2005, 02:36 AM
Before I moved to DC last year I surfed most the LA county beaches while I was at UCLA and would surf Newport, Old Mans and Upper/Lower Trestles when I was at home.

I am planing a surf vacation to Costa Rica - so if anyone has any tips that would be great!

PoBoy321
05-02-2005, 02:40 AM
CHARLIE DON'T SURF!