PDA

View Full Version : Ace High Calldown

theBruiser500
05-01-2005, 11:58 PM
PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Opponent is okay/bad, LAG raising too much preflop. How is the post flop play?

mperich
05-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Its close. I probably call here too due to the nature of the board.

-Mike

sthief09
05-02-2005, 12:09 AM
the only hands you beat:
A8
A6
A4
A3

his play looks a lot like a Q or weak K

theBruiser500
05-02-2005, 12:10 AM
wouldn't those have to raise on this board though?

sthief09
[ QUOTE ]
Its close. I probably call here too due to the nature of the board.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

why the nature of the board? or does that just mean you don't know? that's such an awful board for A high

mperich
Are you serious? In a 3 handed 30/60 game??? Those hands are irrelevant. They dont bet the river anyways. Bruiser beats JT and any diamonds that missed.

-Mike

sthief09
05-02-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where? this is a particularly awful board. what's he calling the flop with? he's raising with a worse hand to push you off A high. he's more likely to play passively with a hand that's worth a showdown

jquattro
05-02-2005, 12:12 AM
I like betting river because so many hacks have to see all five cards with anything. It works for me usually.

Alobar
[ QUOTE ]
the only hands you beat:
A8
A6
A4
A3

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there a plan of action among all that analysis? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sthief09
[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? In a 3 handed 30/60 game??? Those hands are irrelevant. They dont bet the river anyways. Bruiser beats JT and any diamonds that missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

a weak A could easily bet the river to get him to fold A high.

don't you think JT or diamonds makes an attempt to win the pot without showdown?

sthief09
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only hands you beat:
A8
A6
A4
A3

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check-fold river?

sthief09
05-02-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He also beats JT and random diamond hands.

I like betting river because so many hacks have to see all five cards with anything. It works for me usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

and decent players will own you with a Q or K

theBruiser500
05-02-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where? this is a particularly awful board. what's he calling the flop with? he's raising with a worse hand to push you off A high. he's more likely to play passively with a hand that's worth a showdown

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah stheif I agree with you, I was just thinking the same thing. Sure maybe he'd raise a queen or a king earlier on in the hand, but the same can be said about a draw, even more so. Is the turn bet standard all?

Jeff W
05-02-2005, 12:16 AM
This river call doesn't make money against an aggressive opponent. If he had a draw, you would have heard about it by now.

sthief09
05-02-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah stheif I agree with you, I was just thinking the same thing. Sure maybe he'd raise a queen or a king earlier on in the hand, but the same can be said about a draw, even more so. Is the turn bet standard all?

[/ QUOTE ]

the turn is tough I think. if you check you really hate to call a bet and probably shouldn't. maybe he called the flop with somethign weak like a gut shot or a pocket pair and realizes it's so likely the KQx flop hit you and will fold. being out of position sucks

mperich
Wouldnt you have heard from a K or Q in a 3 handed aggro 30/60 game?

-Mike

sthief09
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldnt you have heard from a K or Q in a 3 handed aggro 30/60 game?

[/ QUOTE ]

not necessarily

Jeff W
05-02-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the turn bet standard all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many opponents will call a bet on the flop with weak draws to take the pot away from you on the turn if you check.

Betting the turn here in a 3-handed game has to be analyzed from a Shania perspective. If you check too often in these spots without check-raising your strong hands/bluffs, you will get run over. It's probably easier to balance your play by betting.

Jeff W
05-02-2005, 12:21 AM
If opponent is competent, he will quite often let you hang yourself with a 2nd best hand on this board because raising will chase away underpairs and ace high.

mperich
05-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Ok, Ill say Villain is more likely to have a pair than a draw. But not 7.5x as likely.

-Mike

Alobar
05-02-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only hands you beat:
A8
A6
A4
A3

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check-fold river?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats what I thought u were getting at. I just wanted to make sure (read: give you crap) before I agreed with you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

theBruiser500
05-02-2005, 12:28 AM
The pot is 4.5 BB, so risk 1 BB to win 4.5 BB there if he folds (no redraws really, and if he wants to he can push me off the hand). If he has a pocket pair he'll call me down and if he has a king or a queen he calls me down. Not too many hands I can make him fold, T8 87, and then hands like J9 or 9t he might fold but since he is LAG he might call and take it on the river or he might raise turn.

Leaning towards a fold...

sthief09
05-02-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, Ill say Villain is more likely to have a pair than a draw. But not 7.5x as likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you're right. it's more like 10-15

mperich
05-02-2005, 12:38 AM
IMO folding on the river without knowing you are clearly beat for 1 more bet is a large leak in a lot of peoples games. On this board you are not clearly beat. I really find it hard to believe A hi bets this river and Im almost sure a K raises somewhere. So he probably has either a q or a bluff the vast majority of the time.

-Mike

sthief09
05-02-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
IMO folding on the river without knowing you are clearly beat for 1 more bet is a large leak in a lot of peoples games. On this board you are not clearly beat. I really find it hard to believe A hi bets this river and Im almost sure a K raises somewhere. So he probably has either a q or a bluff the vast majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

not listening to peoples' points, and arguing the same things over and over is a leak in your posting

not calling down enough is NOT a leak of mine. I call down too much. and I want to fold here.

Trix
05-02-2005, 12:48 AM
You think he will check JT or a diamond draw behind ?

sthief09
05-02-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You think he will check JT or a diamond draw behind ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he puts more bets in earlier with those hands.

Trix
05-02-2005, 12:51 AM
I´m not sure really, as it will be hard for him to fold A-high or pairs on this board, as the draws are pretty obvious. There is also a pretty good chance that he will be reraised, so it will cost him more to draw if he decides to semibluff.

theBruiser500
05-02-2005, 01:16 AM
trix, he is a LAG though, also good chance he at least raises flop for free card

Surfbullet
05-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Given that villain is in position I'm with sthief on this one - we'd have heard from diamonds or TJ on the flop.

Villain doesn't seem to love his hand, but he's trying to get it to showdown. I would check-fold the river as well...

I would consider a call but there are so few hands that he could hold by the river that I beat - a stone cold bluff, sure, but even then there are only a few A-high hands left, and anything else he would have folded or raised earlier in the hand.

Surf

gaming_mouse
05-02-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you're right. it's more like 10-15

[/ QUOTE ]

sthief,

i'd like to do the numbers on this. what would you say his complete raising range is here?