PDA

View Full Version : turn bet?

brettbrettr
05-01-2005, 11:34 PM
quick question, you guys betting this turn?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks,

New001
05-01-2005, 11:35 PM
I am and taking a free showdown if offered.

27offsooot
05-01-2005, 11:39 PM
I check it. You're seeing a river regardless and I would rather pay fewer bets to do so. You don't have enough equity for it to be for value as well.

Edit - I forgot to add some outs in there. Like ColdCash said, it could be for value here if at least 2 call

zeropotential
05-01-2005, 11:41 PM
check to:
see if you make your draw
make just as much money if you do, loose no more if you don't

cold_cash
05-01-2005, 11:49 PM
I think you probably have around 14-15 outs, so that's good.

You'd need 2 callers to bet it for value.

So what do I know? I know that it's really close.

brettbrettr
05-01-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't have enough equity for it to be for value as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't? Even eliminating my overs as dirty I've got the clubs and 4 tens. 13 outs, 2.5:1, 4 way pot, bet, no?

chesspain
05-01-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't? Even eliminating my overs as dirty I've got the clubs and 4 tens. 13 outs, 2.5:1, 4 way pot, bet, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

1)You don't know how many players are going to call a bet.
2)It would suck to get raised, which is a distinct possibility with so many cards in the playing zone.

27offsooot
05-01-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i can't add, after reading CC's post, i edited my own. Go ahead and bet it b/c u have some folding equity against a jack or something and if someone else is drawing you could take it down even if one or two others call UI.

chesspain
05-02-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go ahead and bet it b/c u have some folding equity against a jack or something

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that most players who coldcall PF with a jack and then coldcall this flop are folding this turn for one bet.

[ QUOTE ]
and if someone else is drawing you could take it down even if one or two others call UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

New001
05-02-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It would suck to get raised, which is a distinct possibility with so many cards in the playing zone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 12 outs to the nuts, and two overcards which may or may not be good. You obviously don't want to get raised, but I don't think it's so bad, especially if other people come along.

chesspain
05-02-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am and taking a free showdown if offered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you want a free showdown? With this board and the fact that two players coldcalled preflop, do you really think AK unimproved is going to win this hand?

New001
05-02-2005, 12:15 AM
I've seen far, far stranger things even just today.

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I was under the impression that you would bet the turn if:

1) It's for value
2) It has fold equity
or
3) You have a chance to win UI.

I don't think any of these are the case. #1 is the only debatable one but at the risk of being raised I don't like it.

I could be blowing smoke.

Azhrarn
05-02-2005, 12:24 AM
I like a check here. I think there's a good chance UTG+2 or MP1 will pop you if you bet here, and you'd prefer to see the river for a single bet if possible. I also don't think you're going to win unimproved, so you're not losing much by giving up the initiative here.

cold_cash
05-02-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1) It's for value
2) It has fold equity
or

I don't think any of these are the case. #1 is the only debatable one but at the risk of being raised I don't like it.

I could be blowing smoke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with pretty much all of this, but I just wanted to say that whether or not you get raised is of little importance compared to how many people you have in the pot with you when and if that happens.

In other words, if I bet and UTG+2 calls, and then MP1 raises I'm still sitting in butter.

The only time it would suck to get raised is if UTG+2 raised and everyone else folded, or if Hero bets, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, and the SB check-raises.

Know what I mean?

cold_cash
05-02-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...you'd prefer to see the river for a single bet if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may or may not be true.

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Equity.

I knew I was blowing smoke somewhere. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Azhrarn
05-02-2005, 12:33 AM
You have a point. You're almost certainly getting good value against all three opponents no matter how many raises go in, and you may (but probably not, IMO) be getting good value against two opponents.

KDawgCometh
05-02-2005, 03:49 AM
I would. You improved. You can also get a free showdown by betting this turn I think

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would. You improved. You can also get a free showdown by betting this turn I think

[/ QUOTE ]

What good does that do?

KDawgCometh
05-02-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What good does that do?

[/ QUOTE ]

true. But I think you have more then enough outs with the pot size and caller overlays to make this a solid bet

wrto4556
05-02-2005, 03:58 AM
This

[ QUOTE ]

...if UTG+2 raised and everyone else folded, or if Hero bets, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, and the SB check-raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

plus this

[ QUOTE ]

1) It's for value
2) It has fold equity
or

I don't think any of these are the case. #1 is the only debatable one

[/ QUOTE ]

Make me want the free card more. Plus, the 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif makes a straight more likely.

I wont argue that it's not close, however.

Absolute
05-02-2005, 04:12 AM
i think a check is best here.
im not sure this bet has much fold equity at all.