PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky technical difficulties at Poker Stars.

elonkra
05-01-2005, 11:08 PM
$6.00 + $0.50 Single Table Turbo at PokerStars
Level IX (300/600)
Hero is the button

EyeGougerMan: 7655 in chips
Hero: 5845 in chips

EyeGougerMan: posts the ante 50
Hero: posts the ante 50
EyeGougerMan: posts small blind 300
Hero: posts big blind 600

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ac Th]
EyeGougerMan: raises 600 to 1200
Hero raises 1800 to 3000
EyeGougerMan: calls 1800

*** FLOP *** [Jd Kc Ad]
(Pot = $6100 / Herostack = $2795 / EyeGougerManstack = $4645)

Hero: bets 1200
EyeGougerMan: calls 1200

*** TURN *** [Jd Kc Ad] [9d]
ozarknole: bets 600
EyeGougerMan: calls 600

*** RIVER *** [Jd Kc Ad 9d] [6d]
ozarknole: bets 600
EyeGougerMan: calls 600

*** SHOW DOWN ***
ozarknole: shows [Ac Th] (a pair of Aces)
EyeGougerMan: shows [3d Ks] (a flush, Ace high)
EyeGougerMan collected 10900 from pot

My opponent was unbelievably loose, and I had doubled up on him as a shortstack three times during bubble play to escape elimination by pushing against his endless limps and minraises from the small blind (since he refused to lay any of them down). Well, here we are heads up, he minraises from the SB, I triple his bet, and he calls. I flop top pair good kicker plus the gutshot straight draw, and am first to act. I was going to push, but I found that I couldn't move the betting scroll bar to the right. I figured I was just imagining things, so I tried it again. Then I started to worry. I checked to make sure my mouse was working, and it was fine. I tried to move the betting scroll bar again, and then resigned to hitting the minimum bet button of $1200. Of course, my weak bet and slowness to act had to make it look at least somewhat like I had slung my chips out there preflop w/a middle pair or some such trash, and was now hesitating and having second thoughts about the relative strength of my hand. To top it all off, after EyeGougerMan calls my flop bet, I find that my turn and river betting are capped at $600. Four diamonds fall, and the rest is history, of course. I sent an email complaint, but I'd imagine I'm just out of 11 bucks. A similar thing happened the other day on PokerStars. I might just be an idiot and not know about this rule, but I raised in MP w/a monster and the SB went all-in for a little more (his raise was less than the minimum raise would have been). Big blind called, and I was only given an option to call. The other players said you can't reraise where the initial raiser has raised all-in for less than what the minimum raise would be to other players. Any insight into either of these situations?

gumpzilla
05-01-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm a bit puzzled why you didn't just type in bets, then, as you can do at PokerStars. I very rarely use the slider there.

elonkra
05-01-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a bit puzzled why you didn't just type in bets, then, as you can do at PokerStars. I very rarely use the slider there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonderful! Pour a little salt on my wound by telling this PokerStars newbie about that feature now. I just signed up 2 days ago, and wasn't aware that you could type in bet amounts. Wait--yes I was. Was telling my buddy about how much I hated the slider bar, and he mentioned the same thing you just did. I forgot to try it, and forgot that my buddy had told me about it. Wonder how hard they're gonna laugh in my face when they reply to my email?