PDA

View Full Version : My 1st 500 10+1s as a 4 Tabler (Long, Little Content)

KennyBanya
05-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I am now officially hooked on 4 tabling and this forum. I just finished my first 500 10+1s on PP with my new Dell 2001fp.

Results are 17.1% ROI 41 ITM :

1st 51
2nd 81
3rd 73
4th 68
5th 79
6th 71
8th 30
9th 5
10th 7

I would appreciate any feedback if these numbers indicate any obvious holes in my game. Clearly my heads up play needs some work.

Other random comments/observations:

I think my ROI would be much higher if the hand AQ was never
dealt to me again.

I rule on Mondays and Thursdays (41% and 52% ROI). I realize this is just a coincidence.

Although I have no data to back this up, I feel like I rarely start the game with the button. Way less then one out of 10.

I think I need to limp more in late position with hands like KQ, AJ, QJ, J10 A10 suited.

I also am making an effort to steal more at the 25/50 level,it is like I am wating for level 4 to let the pushing all in begin.

My heads up play stinks, although I am almost always behind when it starts. Sometimes I think results would be better if I just pushed every time from 200/400 blinds and up.

I always sit in the 3 seat , it seems easier to keep track of multiple tables. I wonder if it makes it easier for opponents to remember me and track my playing style, especially if I ever move up levels.

I still dont lay down TPTK or overpairs as much as I should, at this level you get paid off enough where I am never quite sure what to do when reraised with these, especially in level 1 and 2.

I plan to play 500 more at this level, and move up to the 20s if results are similar or better. Any comments on my results and what they indicate whether I am ready to move up would be appreciated.

Long term goal is to 4 table the 50s with a 15 to 20 % return, creating a nice little $40 an hour hobby.

Thanks for reading,

KennyBanya

hummusx
05-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Looks pretty good. I'm no expert, and I moved up from the 10s to the 30s pretty fast, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

Firstly, I'd say if you have a nice bankroll and don't need it for anything other than poker, you should almost surely move up to the 20s. Your number ought to be roughly the same, and you'll be making twice as much. Do not stay at the 10s because you are worried about the skill of players. The only reason to stay there would be bankroll considerations (or if you have any concerns about playing 'scared' because of the increased stakes).

A few other comments:

I wouldn't worry about limping in with too many hands. KQ I play a lot. Mostly the other hands you listed I just avoid, at least for most of the game. Thinks change later on, of course. The more pots you get in, the more chances you have to lose money on stupid stuff when you could just save it and win with your superior SNG skills, right?

I've started getting more aggressive at level 3 as well. I think it's helped a LOT because I've usually got 1 or 2 more BB when it hits level 4, which is where I was usually busting.

TPTK - I'm in the same boat. People are still really dumb at the 33s, and while I occasionally bust out with a hand that seems like, 'duh should have folded' afterwards, much more often I end up taking out someone with TPBK. Now, I do still have trouble folding when I have AA or KK or even QQ and I know, just know I'm beaten. I'm still working on that one.

Blarg
05-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Great results, grats.

The QJ and JT don't sound like good hands to add in to me. Even if you hit your top pair there, you'll so often be dominated by someone with a better kicker. Then even if you both hit your kickers for two pair, you're done. You could even make a straight, flush, or full house and lose.

I'm trying to steal more, too, and earlier. It's a tricky thing. I do seem to notice getting caught and getting fewer thirds lately, but many more firsts. I think the extra stealing is putting me in better chip position when ITM, and paying off overall. Slightly lower ITM sometimes, but higher ROI, with many more firsts. Anyway, I only have a sample size of 340 on the 10's, so I'm just speculating. But you may find the same thing as you work more stealing in.

hummusx
05-02-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You could even make a straight, flush, or full house and lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just fyi, QJ and JT always make the nut straight. You could lose with a straight to a flush or full house, but that's always possible. If you have a straight with one of these two holdings, you can't lose to any other straight.

BradleyT
05-02-2005, 08:52 AM
QJ makes nut straight on 29TJK board? You need to qualify that statement by saying when BOTH hole cards are used.

Blarg
05-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Er...you can make other than the nut straights with either QJ or JT in your hand. For instance with a board of QJT98, if you're holding QJ or JT and your opponent is holding AK or KQ, you've both got straights. But your opponent is the one with the nuts, not you.

Slightly different boards echo the same theme.

hummusx
05-02-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
QJ makes nut straight on 29TJK board? You need to qualify that statement by saying when BOTH hole cards are used.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, of course. I didn't mention it because the person to whom I was responding (and anyone else in this thread), doesn't need to be told that if they have QJ and the board is 89TJ they don't have the nut straight. I'm giving them some credit. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KennyBanya
05-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the feedback/encouragement. I am going to take it slow and grind out 500 more 10s. It seems like my ROI should be higher at this level.

I wonder what ROI would be expected in the 10s out of an expert or professional level SNG player?

I also need to get a rakeback set up, I guess it is time for my wife to open a Party Poker account. 25 % rakeback would get me almost to 20% ROI.

BTW, is 25% rakeback a pretty good deal or I should I shop around for better? I recently saw a poster in this forum make fun of someone's rakeback deal that was actually 24%.

Thanks Again,

KennyBanya

Blarg
05-02-2005, 11:19 AM
That's better rakeback than I have at once place and worse than I have at another. You can probably get better, but rakeback is often dependent on how much you play. You can negotiate better rates if you play like crazy.

It's worth looking around, too. Especially in ring games, a few percentage point difference can be a huge monetary gain over the course of a year.