PDA

View Full Version : Fullhouse on the baord heads up

coolhandsun
05-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t3320)
Button (t4680)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t4680 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t2920 (All-In).

Flop: (t8000) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t8000) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t8000) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t8000

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Th Jh (four of a kind, jacks).
Button has 9h As (full house, aces full of jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins t6640. Button wins t1360. </font>

Unparagoned
05-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Why did you call the preflop all-in?

coolhandsun
05-01-2005, 10:15 PM
I called preflop cause i suck at poker. That, and he was pushing everything. Not proud of the call. But I was only 47.3% underdog. Only posted it cause i thought the board was funny

tjh
05-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Sounds like your opponent was a 2+2 player

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

It is better to push than be pushed.

Study up on your heads up play.

Daliman posted a thread on his all-in experiment. I guess he tested the waters of the strategy of pushing any two once it is heads up and the blinds are high. Folks play too tight at that point and you can take advantage of it.

Raptor517 posted a thread titled "Push push push and go broke" I can not find that one though. Raptor has too many posts to wade through.

I use a strategy of wearing the other player down by finding what preflop bet he will fold to and applying that. Once I have 2/3 of the chips I can accept an all-in. Of course it does not always work that way. PP vs PP for example but that is my basic strategy.

If he is making life hard for you make life hard for him but NOT by calling with a mediocre hand.

Anyone have links to the good threads on HU play ?

HU play gives you a chance to get a solid read on a player. This is good.

--
tjh