PDA

View Full Version : 3/6- one high, one hi-lo... aggressive with aces; and a two way draw.

bholdr
05-01-2005, 10:00 PM
3/6 stud hi

3rd street

Seat 1: 3c- Bring-in __fold
Seat 2: 8s- Fold
Hero: [Ah Ac] Td- Raise ____raise___call
Seat 4 : [xx xx] As- Raise ____cap
Seat 7 : [xx xx] 5d- Fold

4th street

Dealt to hero [Ah Ac] Td 9s- ____raise _____cap
Dealt to Seat 4 [xx xx] As 6d- bet____raise___call

5th street

Dealt to hero [Ah Ac] Td 9s Jc_____calls
Dealt to Seat 4 [xx xx] As 6d Kc- bets

6th street

Hero [Ah Ac] Td 9s Jc 9c___bet
Seat 4: [xx xx] As 6d Kc 4h __calls

river

Dealt to Hero [Ah Ac] Td 9s Jc 9c [3d]- bet
Seat 4 : [xx xx] As 6d Kc 4h [xx]- Fold

During this hand i had this guy on an overpair to my ten, i slowed down when the K hit him... but figured that a bet with aces up and a scary board was +EV on the next street. comments?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

This was a nice, loose/passive game. Seat 8 plays like it's razz. i wonder if i should have been raising on 4th?

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

6th Street

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

River

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___folds
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___calls

B Mando
05-01-2005, 10:31 PM
The stud hi lo hand was played good. I wouldnt play 876 though. I think you are going to lose a lot more on this hand than you will win. This game was loose though so it seems alright. Id probably play it if I knew I was going to get action in a mutliway pot if I hit. You need to hit near perfect and your opponents need bricks for this to work though.

bugstud
05-01-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The stud hi lo hand was played good. I wouldnt play 876 though. I think you are going to lose a lot more on this hand than you will win. This game was loose though so it seems alright. Id probably play it if I knew I was going to get action in a mutliway pot if I hit. You need to hit near perfect and your opponents need bricks for this to work though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it completing the action, rest played itself.

B Mando
05-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah...with only a 5 and 2(the bring-in) in the hand its not that bad of a play. I just havent been having much sucsess with those hands lately. Not much scoop potential.

RandomUser
05-02-2005, 02:44 AM
In the first hand, I think villain had the other pair of aces and slowed down when you hit your two pair. When he didn't improve on the river, he just folded.

bholdr
05-02-2005, 03:47 PM
it was pretty obvious what had happened by the time that he folded. i was jamming on third and fourth for several reasons: A: my pair was concealed, which gives my hand deceptive qualities and increses the oppurtunities to outplay my opponent, and B: my ten was probably the better kicker. C: he might just have KK or QQ in the hole and isn't giving me credit for the aces because he holds one of them. which is a great situation to be in.

As for the hi-lo hand, two dimes shows 678 with a two flush as having about 33% equity against three to a wheel and a pair of jacks with a good kicker. what makes 678 more valuable than either in that spot is all the two-way potential- it's a pretty easy fold if i catch a couple bricks, but if i hit, i have a shot at a scoop. it is a very profitable to call on third, IMO.

BTW, i used to back off this hand and simaler ones (567, 568, 468) with a completion in front, but i take a card now. Ray Zee, in HLSP pointed out that the beauty of a hand like 678 is that it can be helped by any A,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,T- that is, anything but paint helps my hand, some a little, some a lot (like a 5). it can escape high with a low pair if it's going that way and i can get the Jacks out, or escape low with an 8 if i can get the low out... once i picked up the two way draw, i wasn't going anywhere, in fact i was trying to get the other low draw to fold so i could freeroll for a scoop against the high. i probably should've raised fifth, but that would be more likely to make the high hand fold than the low...

thoughts??