PDA

View Full Version : Flush draw w/lots of customers

Bigdaddydvo
05-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Interested in flop play and river play. I'm normally much more aggressive w/these, but I don't know if flop raises clean up my K outs very well.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (9 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(9 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

River: (9 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

brettbrettr
05-01-2005, 09:18 PM
I don't mind going for overcalls on the turn. I think this is fine.

purnell
05-01-2005, 09:30 PM
I like it. With a better kicker a raise on the flop is mandatory, I think, but a cheap card is good for you here. Raising the turn here runs everybody off, but calling sets up the "suspicious" river raise. Nice hand, sir.

KDawgCometh
05-01-2005, 09:36 PM
that turn play was sweet. very nice. I like it a lot

deetle
05-02-2005, 12:29 AM
I like going for the overcalls. With 3 checking I think you will bring 1 or 2 along a majority of the time. Nicely played

ArturiusX
05-02-2005, 12:48 AM
I'd raise, someone could have a straight draw and goto war with you, especially with this board. Hopefully you can catch a few people in the middle.

Azhrarn
05-02-2005, 12:56 AM
Raise the flop! The pot's big enough by the time the flop bet gets to you that most who would call one bet will call two. You just need three total callers to make money on the raise, and two have already put in money. And you have eight opponents. This is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Given your flop play, I think the turn and river are fine.

oreogod
05-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Flop is fine, Id wish I was in late position though to get a raise in, but with your position its fine.

On the turn, after the callers check to CO, I probably raise, with the other spade out there, I think most of the time they will fold for one bet regardless, with a raise u get anyone with a spade that wants to tag along to call your raise and the possibility of CO wanting to have it out with u. I think the turn would have looked like the river if u raised it.

So I like the turn raise, I think u will get more bets being aggressive with the CO then going for overcalls.

sweetjazz
05-02-2005, 01:31 AM
Raise the flop!

(1) You will likely get enough callers to make it a value bet.
(2) You may get to take a free card on the turn if your spade draw misses, whereas you can bet it if does come in.
(3) You might clean up your king outs, a nice bonus the few times it does happen.

In general, if you are on the button and have flopped a flush draw (esp. if it is the nut flush draw or a draw to the K-high flush using two cards in your hand), it is almost always right to raise your flush draw no matter what.

The combined benefit of it being a value raise if multiple players stay in together with the possibility of getting a free card on the turn if you miss makes raising a very attractive option.

This is especially so when many players don't sufficiently adjust their play when facing 2 bets as opposed to just 1 on the flop, so you can probably expect a lot of customers.

Jdanz
05-02-2005, 01:53 AM
nh