PDA

View Full Version : 3 Hands that I need help with...

rockythecat99
05-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Yesterday's pacific 250k. Here is the first hand. Blinds 50/100 Hero has 2140T. Villain has 1699T. This hand happened just after the first break. Background on villain he had tried to bluff the last hand and lost 1000t. Folded to me in MP3 I have JJ I make it 350 to go. Villain comes back over the top for 1566. Villain could be making a play here as he just bluffed the last hand. Making it about 1200 to me. Hero?????

Second hand. Blinds 75/150. Hero has T2365 after posting SB. Folded to villain in MP2 who has T1403. Villain raises to 450. Folded to hero who has 88. Villain has not done anything crazy. He is not a great player but not a bad one either. Hero ?????

Last hand blinds 25/50. Hero has T2370.
Folded to hero in MP3 with 10d9d. Hero limps in. SB completes Villain BB(T2024) checks. Pot is150.
Read on villain is he is very new to the game. Very straighforward bets when he has something folds to any bet if he doesn't have anything. Has check folded many flops he has limped in to.
Flop comes 755 two diamonds.
Checked to hero who bets 80.
SB fold. Villain calls. Pot now 310
Turn comes Qd.
checked to hero who bets 150. Villain calls
Pot now 610.
River comes As.
Villain bets 525, hero?????

Thanks any comments would be greatly appreciated.

rockythecat99
05-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Shameless bump /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Superfluous Man
05-02-2005, 01:28 AM
Hand 1: Call. You're getting like 1.86:1 on this call, and against the range of someone who may well be on tilt (or even someone who's not), that's more than enough. Sorry you lost the coinflip and/or ran into AA-QQ.

Hand 2: Whenever someone has less than 10x BB and doesn't jam, alarm bells start to go off. Why would this person not put his entire stack in? If he's unaware of this 10x "rule," he may just have his standard range of opening/stealing hands. Otherwise, I may even fold a hand as good as 88 here, fearing that he's raising small to invite action.

Given that this is pacific, however, I jam. You're probably at worst a coinflip, and he may even call with 44-77 or A7 or something because, hey, it's pacific.

Hand 3: This is pacific, so he'll probably slowplay trip 5s. I suspect that's what he's doing in this instance, and he's afraid you'll check it behind on the river and he won't get his awesome hand paid off. The only concern is that the board paired his other card by the end of the hand. Or he could have a better flush, I guess. But you're getting better than 2:1 on the river call, and I don't think he'll have you beat more than 2/3rds of the time here. I call.

rockythecat99
05-02-2005, 10:05 AM
How about if this wasn't pacific and it was something like UB or stars? Then what? Thank you for your response superflousman