PDA

View Full Version : Ali

tolbiny
05-01-2005, 07:57 PM
I have heard good things about this movie- the acting/ accurate representation of Ali's life-
anyway it was on last night as i was flicking through (tbs or tnt or something)- and, correct me if i am wrong, but did i see Will Smith in the ring fighting? Honestly, were Ali's REAL fights not dramatic enough? Or is there just not enough footage? For cryng out loud, what the hell was the directer/producer/editor thinking?

tbach24
05-01-2005, 07:59 PM
it's a movie, not a documentary. they needed an actor, so they got smith. i think he did a fine job.

istewart
05-01-2005, 07:59 PM
wtf did you expect?

tolbiny
05-01-2005, 08:01 PM
I have no problem with will smith, as obviously they don't have film records of most of ALI's life. Yeah i know its not a documentery but did they really think they could do a BETTER job and make it more real looking/more dramatic?

Duke
05-01-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with will smith, as obviously they don't have film records of most of ALI's life. Yeah i know its not a documentery but did they really think they could do a BETTER job and make it more real looking/more dramatic?

[/ QUOTE ]

They could do a better job of having the guy in the ring look like the guy in all the other scenes if it was the same guy.

I didn't like how this movie ended right after the Foreman fight in Zaire.

~D

tbach24
05-01-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Inserting an Ali fight after having WS act out all the scenes would look stupid. Also, picture/sound quality would've sucked.