PDA

View Full Version : Truepoker Sklansky and Malmuth tutorial, anyone?

2ndGoat
11-18-2002, 07:27 PM
I'd like to gather some people together for a run at the Sklansky and Malmuth tutorial a truepoker.
More info at:
http://www.truepoker.com/review_by_poker_expert.html
Basically, it's an hour of 3/6 hold'em with a $25 (regular rake as well, I assume) and S&M review the results. Looks like you get a personal single-paragraph review of your own, plus a brief hand-by-hand analysis.

If you're interested, post here. If we got 6 or so, I bet truepoker could pobably scrounge up 4 more players. Note that they have "registration times" twice a week, but no tutorial has gotten off the ground in a long time. The default reg times are Thursday at 9PM at Sunday at 2PM US Eastern Time. I'd like to shoot for a Thursday at 9, post if you can make that or what other times would be good for you.

Also, has anyone done this, and was it worthwhile? The log posted at the site gives beginner advice- "Its clear that your starting hands need some work." I'm wondering how much time S&M and going to spend on any given session to provide more insightful advice. I know it's going to be the same stuff that's in HEPFAP and TOP, but if they could point out just one or two flaws that i couldn't find on my own, it would probably be worth it.

2ndGoat

CreamPuff
11-18-2002, 10:26 PM
Im for it. You can send me a private message.

spitball
11-18-2002, 11:23 PM
in

11-19-2002, 12:06 AM
Used to be that Bob Ciafonne would give lessons over the phone for a surprisingly low $25 per hour. I got some serious value out of his instruction. Call him at 517-792-0884.

GrannyMae
11-19-2002, 01:54 AM
Used to be that Bob Ciafonne would give lessons over the phone for a surprisingly low $25 per hour

umm, our beloved mega-moderators will make $250/hr for a full table

AcesFull
11-21-2002, 06:35 PM

11-25-2002, 02:23 AM
Please email me at management@truepoker.com if you want to set up a special time for a Sklansky-Malmuth Tutorial.

It will be worth your while.

Truepoker Management