PDA

View Full Version : Short-handed KTs in BB.

Willluck
05-01-2005, 06:53 PM
SB is a dorky ass table coach.
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
does anyone raise preflop(short-handed like this)?

thirddan
05-01-2005, 07:07 PM
preflop i could go either way, against poorer opposition i would raise, against better i might just check my option...

i thin on the turn depending on your read of SB that you should just call the turn c/r and then lead the river since you are probably beat...perhaps your plan is ok if you are gonna check behind on the river if you don't improve...

KDawgCometh
05-01-2005, 07:07 PM
I'd raise PF. you can tie your opponents to the hand if you hit nicely. other then that nh

wrto4556
05-01-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
perhaps your plan is ok if you are gonna check behind on the river if you don't improve...

[/ QUOTE ]

It sucks when it gets capped. I'd just call, too...witout a read.

Willluck
05-01-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you should just call the turn c/r and then lead the river

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean call the river If unimproved?

If I didn't hit the straight or flush I would have probably checked the river.

thirddan
05-01-2005, 07:19 PM
i meant that i would have just called the c/r and since i know the river card i would lead that river since he is likely to check behind...

but i would have check/called river bet UI...

chesspain
05-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Standard?

Willluck
05-01-2005, 07:31 PM
you must have a misunderstanding of the hand, because I have position on him.

aaino
05-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Maybe you could raise... Gotta see teh attitudes and play of the other players first to really tell. The play that Hero made was a good play but, I would have played it differently. KTs call, top pair with a staright drawn and a flush draw is HUGE bet and call all bets! Then maybe on the turn check-raise for fear and possibly get other players to fold or build a pot. You are the favorite in this hand. Make it pay!!! (yes I know, you don't have the nuts yet but, it looks like everyone was betting on a draw, you have to convince them that you're not betting on a draw, you have a made hand!!!!!) when the river came, check it for that fear factor (HERO THINKING OUTLOUD "Damn, someone made the straight, that kills me.") If you had check raised on the turn, other players possibly scared are now thinking they can bet you out, and you made your hand. Another chech raise is definately in your future. You check raised a made hand. the straight comes and you are HUGE!!! Now you tell everyone "Someone made a straight." You check and see who bets. When they bet you raise!!!!! Then the fear comes back and they dump thier cards or they call you for more money.... I live for these hands!!!!! hehehhehhehe

Jdanz
05-01-2005, 07:57 PM
I think you're more likely to get more money out of him on the river if you call rather than three-bet. I think if you have a better hand now and don't improve you'll get the same amount of money if you call. I think if you're behind and don't improve you'll lose more by raising the turn.

leads me to call, but i feel using this logic has had me calling more and raising less, and while i know i used to be too aggresive maybe i'm taking this too far.

thirddan
05-01-2005, 08:30 PM
bleh, i was close /images/graemlins/smile.gif

the stuff about just calling the turn c/r still holds...
on the river i would call a bet UI and bet if checked to UI...
if you hit straight/flush obviously bet/raise...

SA125
05-01-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
KTs.....does anyone raise preflop(short-handed like this)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and if the full ring game is really loose with 6-8 pf, there too.

sthief09
05-01-2005, 10:52 PM
yeah I'd raise preflop. for me, the turn 3-bet depends. you're probably not best though