PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened here? KJs against funky player

Yobz
05-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Player is 48/17 and aggressive postflop. My notes on him are "he doesn't slow down with any decent hand"

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

I dont see any option but folding, even against the player and his funky line...

Oh, I was going for a flop c/r since he folds w/crappy hands but goes apes..t w/decent ones and might have folded w/o a hand

thirddan
05-01-2005, 06:36 PM
i would just check the turn and maybe get a free card, fold if he bets...

im also not crazy about your flop play to c/r him...if he has something according to your note he is gonna 3bet you, and you are most likely beat with only dirty outs (probably around 2/3ish), but will have to call the 3bet since the pot is big and then fold ui on the turn...i think that leading out on this ragged flop might be better, or just check/call, i don't really want to put in 2 bets on this flop...