PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with AK

Steve09797
05-01-2005, 04:49 PM
I have an idea that i am losing a lot of money with ak when i dont hit it. am i making correct moves here. is raising the flop a better idea. i appreciate anyones help. i think im going to far with over cards and its leaking my bankroll
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, CO folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

KDawgCometh
05-01-2005, 04:51 PM
I'd be inclined to raise the flop. he could be drawing, or have a weak pair. Its a big pot so cleaning up some of your outs might be a good idea here. plus it can buy you a free card

Nick C
05-01-2005, 09:41 PM
I think peeling one off on the flop is okay, especially since the board is full of low cards, though I wouldn't be happy if it got raised or checkraised behind me at all.

I'd probably give up on the turn. The top card just paired so you could be drawing dead (however, at the same time, if no one does have trips, your outs against a hand like A5 did just improve). Also, with so many opponents in, the chance that catching aces up on the river will give someone else a flush are better than usual. Unfortunately, the number of players in has also increased the pot size and made it tempting to call, but I still would fold.

ewile
05-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Raising the flop is better. The pot is large, you can knock out players after you and have a shot at a free card on the turn.

Calling the Turn is spewing. Time to let go.

Klepton
05-01-2005, 10:12 PM
with no backdoor draws (runner 3 4 is not going ot be considered) i am partial to calling the flop like you did.

however with him continuing on the turn you have to fold here.

JDErickson
05-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Hmm, I really really hate this flop call. IMHO its either raise or fold. I'm probably raising here to clean up overcards and to try for the free card on turn.