PDA

View Full Version : Gambling early on a SNG.

valenzuela
05-01-2005, 03:53 PM
EDIT: THIS IS FOR LOW BUY-INS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
This is basically about two things: coinflips arent bad and not being sooo weak-tight on the blinds
General consensus is that marginal situations should be avoided, however I think they shouldnt. I wont only reffer to stuff like knowing u win 52% of the time but also stuff like bluffing all of ur chips in the right situations.
Coinflips: (Im referring to coinflips at situation with no CEV)
Ok lets suppose I have a 25% ROI on the 11s, thereby making $2,75, u take aprox. 30 mins. So Im making $5,50/hr.
Now lets suppose I gamble on a coinflip in the first 10 minutes(thereby 5 mins on avg.) Taking a coin-flip would make me lose 80c according to ICM in the long run ,however as a result a SNG would last only 18 minutes instead of 30, but Im making only $1,95 per SNG ,BUT that adds up to $6,5/hr.(10sng in 3 hrs, thereby 19,5 in 3 hours, thereby 6,5 on an hr)
My math is clearly inacurrate but I think it shows that coinflips arent bad, of course is not as easy as saying "hey partypoker I want a coinflip". So the further I advance in the tourney the more I should reject coin-flips until I reach heads-up(by coinflips I mean a situation that doesnt affect ur chips in the long run).
Preflop :
all-ins:QQ and AKs are usually calls in my book, of course there are many exceptions. To call with AKo I need some extra chips on the pot, however AQo and JJ belong in the muck.
starting hands: Im tight, tight, tight. I lose 0 chips by folding KT on late position.
SB: I complete with anything on level 1, and preety loose on later levels.
Post-flop: Here is where it gets a little bit more tricky, its very common to find urself on marginal situations in a marginal position( the blinds). If you play tight you wont have trouble postflop, the only situation that might come up is AKs, flop: rags and two of ur suit. That is a push and a call if theres a push.(IMO)Oh and just in case I muck KK in a flop with an ace.
Also a flush draw and a pair is also an all-in.
Qh 3h>>>> Jh 8h 3s
A marginal situation is KJ on the Sb on a K63 flop, ok so the guy maybe limped with KQ or AK but maybe he limped with KT or K9, or maybe he limped with 99 or TT.(or 66, ok)This is read dependant but Im willing to re-raise if everyone checked and the button raised the pot. Im willing to go all-in in this hand.
A more marginal situation is 94 and a 972 flop, if the button raised t30 u can bet Im re-raising him to t150 or so(anything less only evolves into a much more marginal situation, I stop the hand now, if I get played back at, I can safely muck and whine about having T600) .
A even more marginal situation is J7 on a Q73 flop, I stop here , this is way too much and I muck even if the button min-raised.
The thing is IF you think you have the best hand theres no need to muck, I need at least TP to make moves on the flop however anything less is just asking for trouble.
Bluffing: all the bluffing I do has to be done on the river and after its been checked to me , bluffing on any other spot is suicidal( note I only bet when I think I have the best hand)
An example I can think of
AQs, u call on LP..J64, everyone checks, J64T some idiot best t30 everyone folds u call, J64T6..its checked to u. When I bluff, I put all of my chips in the middle, so there must be at least t300 on that pot. I put all of my chips in the middle because thats the only thing that scares a fish, if I bet t200 I usually get called.
What I dont like about my method is that when Im on tilt, suddenly I start calling away my chips with bottom pair becuase he might be bluffing.
IM SORRY ABOUT MY GRAMMAR .