PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands that busted me.

Eihli
05-01-2005, 03:47 PM
55 in MP, blinds 75/150 and I had 1550. Table was pretty tight except for the button who was chip leader and looked willing to gamble. BB was shortstacked with 800. I raise to 440. Button raises to 2k. Folded back to me, and I fold. I really don't like my fold here.

A few hands later I'm down to 900, same blinds. 2 people just busted out so we are 7 handed now. UTG calls with 1650 and he hasn't played many hands. CO calls with 2.5k. 525 already in the pot and I Push from the button with KJo.

What do you think?

Chief911
05-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Hand 1

You are barely 10xBB. In MP, 55 is a tough hand to play, and I dont think you can raise 1/3 your stack then fold to a reraise. You either have to limp, push, or fold. I probably would push here, but its close.

Hand 2

UTG calling when he is tight is not usually a good thing. Although I dont mind the push. You easily could have passed this one up for a clear opportunity to take the blinds a few times until you had a stronger hand. But push about 70 or 80% of the time, depending on the solidness of your read on UTG and what he could do this with.

1st hand is bad. =/

Nick

Eihli
05-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah about hand 1 /images/graemlins/frown.gif

But if you did choose to raise like I did with it. You would have called the all-in right? I think my first bad play convinced me that I should cut my losses, which was actually just another bad play.