PDA

View Full Version : Overcards against the blind

New001
05-01-2005, 03:36 PM
This is something that comes up fairly often, and I'm not entirely sure how to deal with it. You raise first in with something like KQo, and you end up heads up with either one of the blinds. The flop comes T73r, and you get check/raised. Assume no reads, do you 3-bet and bet the turn? Take a free card? Call down, fold UI on the river?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero...?

What's your plan here and for the rest of the hand?

KDawgCometh
05-01-2005, 03:38 PM
I'd be inclined to call and fold UI. if a diamond falls, I'm seeing a river, if a ten falls I'm seeing a river, and I'm raising if i hit a King or Queen.

imported_leader
05-01-2005, 03:41 PM
I'd call the flop and fold the turn UI. Note that any A,K,Q,T, or /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is enough improvement to see the river.

KDawgCometh
05-01-2005, 03:42 PM
is the Ace enough of improvement. It only leads us to a gutshot. gratned it could be used as a bluff card, if that's what your implying with it

imported_leader
05-01-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is the Ace enough of improvement. It only leads us to a gutshot. gratned it could be used as a bluff card, if that's what your implying with it

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think BB is likely to have an A here. Because of reverse domination and that BB has an A on occasion, I'd discount our K and Q outs to 4 with the gut shot that gives us 8. Against some players, you could also bluff an A as you say.