PDA

View Full Version : Getting Pushed Around in a Big Pot (2 shortstacks)

imported_stealthcow
05-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

on turn sb first bets all in for $6
Turn: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB

by the flop the mp raiser is all in

by turn the sb raiser is all in

all 3 seem to be donks. the two short stacks are too loose, the co too aggressive

every decision seemed fine at the time, a little confused on if i should've bet out anywhere

stealthcow-

DrGutshot
05-01-2005, 02:25 PM
fold the flop IMO.

also, how shortstacked is shortstacked?

any reads?

edit: eh, closer than I thought actually...you're getting odds on every street, I guess the flop and turn are ok, the river is questionable...I would call if I knew he was very aggressive

-DrG

imported_stealthcow
05-01-2005, 02:28 PM
4 way capped for 4 bets each = 16 sb. then flop action of bet raise, i am putting in at best (if co calls)

2 to win 20

at worst

4 to win 24

i thought those were more then enough to proceed?

stealthcow-

Chris Dow
05-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Yeah, what a dumb evolution of events. If you're going to get involved preflop, which is fine because you've correctly determined that the ranges are wide enough to play profitably, then you have to call at every point that you did. Too bad you didn't just flop an ace and clean up some seats.