PDA

View Full Version : QJs in MP, too aggressive?

AliasMrJones
05-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Opponent here is 36 vpip/10.5 pfr/2.3 postflop aggro. Is the c/r stupid? Does the gutshot give me odds to call once I know I'm behind?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: AliasMrJones is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, AliasMrJones calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, AliasMrJones calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, AliasMrJones checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">AliasMrJones raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">AliasMrJones bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, AliasMrJones calls.

River: (9.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
AliasMrJones checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, AliasMrJones calls.

Final Pot: 11.66 BB

Chris Dow
05-01-2005, 02:46 PM
You can't be 100% that you're behind on the turn. I think this hand is played fine from the flop on.

PokerBob
05-01-2005, 02:54 PM
raise pf?

MisterKing
05-01-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you want LP players to come along with this one. Now, if LP guys are 39/3 types, then of course raise because they're gonna call anyhow. I mean, raising isn't necessarily wrong, but its not my preference without more info.

MisterKing
05-01-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Opponent here is 36 vpip/10.5 pfr/2.3 postflop aggro. Is the c/r stupid? Does the gutshot give me odds to call once I know I'm behind?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: AliasMrJones is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, AliasMrJones calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, AliasMrJones calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, AliasMrJones checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">AliasMrJones raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">AliasMrJones bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, AliasMrJones calls.

River: (9.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
AliasMrJones checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, AliasMrJones calls.

Final Pot: 11.66 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. Your C/R has to scare a thinking villian into thinking you have a four flush, which disguises your TP + straight draw nicely. IF he's the type to bet a four flush on the flop, a call might be better so you can offer him worse odds to continue on the turn.

Turn and river seem straightforward to me.

Chris Dow
05-01-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
raise pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you want LP players to come along with this one. Now, if LP guys are 39/3 types, then of course raise because they're gonna call anyhow. I mean, raising isn't necessarily wrong, but its not my preference without more info.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bingo. I didn't comment on his preflop limp because it depends. I will typically raise it up here and try to run over the limper after the flop, creating fold equity in a shorthanded pot. However you can certainly limp and create multiway if that suits you. Also the remaining players can't hurt ya too bad when you take raise lines, if everyone comes along anyway you're playing from solid values in a now juicy 5 handed or so pot. Getting 3-bet is when it sucks (but not very hard to play correctly after being 3-bet), but the great things about these low limits is that a 3-bet is fairly rare.

AliasMrJones
05-01-2005, 05:18 PM
The way button played the hand really looked like an overpair to me after the turn raise. He had AA and MHING. A preflop raise to isolate has to mainly be because of the ability to get the limper to fold on the flop even when you don't hit anything, right? QJs seems like a very mediocre hand to me. You're behind any pocket pair, Ax, Kx, all possibilities with a limper. Unless the limper is known very loose preflop I wouldn't think QJs would be a hand to get excited about isolating with. In this case the limper seemed pretty decent (22%/10%).

ghostface
05-01-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I like it. Your C/R has to scare a thinking villian into thinking you have a four flush, which disguises your TP + straight draw nicely. IF he's the type to bet a four flush on the flop, a call might be better so you can offer him worse odds to continue on the turn.

Turn and river seem straightforward to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.