PDA

View Full Version : To Wynn half a pot--is it worth it?

mikelow
05-01-2005, 01:33 PM
15-30 at Wynn's. Mix good of and bad. I have A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif in the small blind. All fold to fat MP who raises. Folded to button who calls and I call. BB folds.

Flop is:

A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I check (?), fat man bets, button and I both call. Turn is:

[A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] J/images/graemlins/club.gif.

I check, fat man checks, and button bets. I fold. Comments?

glen
05-01-2005, 02:03 PM
It seems a huge number of your posts come from situations where you have ace-gay in the sb. Maybe you should just fold it preflop and not put yourself in these tough positions that you have trouble with. . . .

goofball
05-01-2005, 02:44 PM
was the guy horrendously fat and sitting in the 8 seat?

TheBusiness
05-01-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems a huge number of your posts come from situations where you have ace-gay in the sb. Maybe you should just fold it preflop and not put yourself in these tough positions that you have trouble with. . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it new poker lingo to call weak bluff bets gay-bets and to call ace-rag, ace-gay? I wouldn't want to miss out on the use of cool new names for stuff.

HiatusOver
05-01-2005, 03:28 PM
It is clear that u only posted this hand because u came up with a clever post title. Anyone who hasnt realized this is clearly off their reads today. I personally think that using the word gay when describing a poker play or hand is pretty dumb, but if anything deserves to be labeled gay it is this post title.

glen
05-01-2005, 03:30 PM
nah, ace-gay has been around since the turn of the century, and it's not cool. What is now cool is saying "pwn3d." Use that as much as you can if you want to be cool. . .

mikelow
05-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Not really true--the hand was the post. The title is a secondary consideration.

What is ace-gay anyway?

imported_stealthcow
05-01-2005, 08:06 PM
i think you can fold this preflop unless you're about 80% sure the bb will come along for the ride.

what is your plan if MP bets this turn and button calls? if button folds?

whats your river plan if mp and button both check?

did you consider leading or c/ring this flop?

stealthcow-

Diplomat
05-01-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What is ace-gay anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

-Diplomat

mikelow
05-02-2005, 10:53 AM
River was K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Checked around. The fatman had K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the button had A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

So I would have chopped. I really think I should have bet the flop. That way I have a better read and I might get the button to fold (perhaps on the turn). My turn fold was based on: it's a split at best, and I might be outkicked or be shown a jack (not to mention the flush-gutshot draw).

Jeffage
05-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Actually if you're gonna play this cheese out of the SB in this spot, you should checkraise the flop to see where you're at and try to eliminate the player inbetween. If the middle guy coldcalls, you're done with the hand. If you bet the turn and get raised, you're done with the hand. Did you call this in the SB cause you're slumming it or would you make this call in the SB (same scenario) at 80-160?

Jeff

J_V
05-02-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is clear that u only posted this hand because u came up with a clever post title. Anyone who hasnt realized this is clearly off their reads today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call this title clever - maybe GAY. Nice read though. Classic case of an author with a great title and no story.

BarronVangorToth
05-02-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually if you're gonna play this cheese out of the SB in this spot, .... would you make this call in the SB (same scenario) at 80-160?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Different hands have different values depending on the limits and the texture of the table. At these higher-low-stakes / low-mid-stakes games, you can oftentimes get 6-8 to a flop. That being the case ... why wouldn't you run suited Aces?

I don't know the person who raised or this spot in particular, but there are plenty of players that could've raised and you can profitably call in the SB with this holding, especially if you can properly play it once the flop hits.

That all said, given the call, I don't like how it was played. But I don't think the pre-flop call can be dismissed out of hand.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

I CriTCiZe U
05-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Just FOLD, why invest money in a hand that could be split at best if any other player decides to play A-x. Small blind hands like that get you in trouble.