PDA

View Full Version : Blind battle with KQo

AliasMrJones
05-01-2005, 01:06 PM
My first hand, in the BB, so no reads. The raise could be a steal, but then he capped. Comments?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: AliasMrJones is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">AliasMrJones 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, AliasMrJones calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, AliasMrJones calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB calls $6 (All-In), AliasMrJones calls.

River: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: 7 BB

Chris Dow
05-01-2005, 01:10 PM
You have no choice on how to play this hand because of his stack size. Do you see why? I'll let others elaborate.

Fnord
05-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Standard.

Some donk found two cards good enough to get his stack in. He probably hopes you win too, so he can log off for the night. You're not really playing cards post-flop as the pre-flop action has you potstruck given how little money is behind. I would just put him all-in on the flop as there is a non-zero chance he folds (I've seen it happen.)

A little no-limit experience comes in handy sometimes...

AliasMrJones
05-01-2005, 02:19 PM
I wasn't paying attention to his stack size at the time. In NL I pay attention to stack size, but tend not to when playing limit so I didn't notice how short he was until he was all-in. He had AQ.