PDA

View Full Version : help!...heads up multi table

HighestCard
05-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Is there an effective meathod/stragity of playing 2 to 3 tables heads up at the same time. I ended up in this situation earlier today and i found i was having to give up decent cards on one table to be able to play the pot i was in on another effectively. I guess its not a bad situation to be in, but whats the best way to maxmise profits?

Irieguy
05-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Heads-up play is the simplest and most straightforward part of SNG play. If you aren't having an easy time multitabling while heads-up... you're doing it wrong.

Read all of the stuff on this forum about heads-up play and you'll quickly see why. Start with Daliman's "Heads-up for the title experiment."

Irieguy

apd138
05-01-2005, 02:07 PM
The only part of heads up play that should take any time at all is maybe a marginal call.

skipperbob
05-01-2005, 02:16 PM
HeadsUp play requires no thought...Please read Raptor's chapter in "SSII" = "Push, Push, Push, Go-Broke"

toda2
05-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Where can the articles by Daliman and Pator mentioned here be found?

tech
05-01-2005, 06:29 PM
I think there are links to all/most of them in the FAQ that was bumped today.

gumpzilla
05-01-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heads-up play is the simplest and most straightforward part of Party SNG play. If you aren't having an easy time multitabling while heads-up... you're doing it wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bold text is my addition.

Certainly if you're getting heads up with an average stack of 10 BBs then everything is simple. I will say that in my experience playing SNGs at Stars, I'm frequently getting heads up with average stacks being more like 40 BBs, where you're almost always too deep to make constant preflop pushing a wise move (perhaps I'm wrong here). Multitabling three or four SNGs in this situation might get a little uncomfortable.

DasLeben
05-01-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where can the articles by Daliman and Pator mentioned here be found?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1328505&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1

The one about Raptor's thread was a joke...