PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 - Middle Set on Drawish Flop

Dazarath
05-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

There's no problem with the call here, right? I figure with UTG limping, as well as the table being very loose, I would end up with the amount of limpers needed to make the call profitable.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Should I have 3-bet here? Obviously, I know that I'm not pushing anyone with a 6 out (or anyone with a straight for that matter), but my equity is easily over 20-25%. I decided to call, hoping for a safe turn. Is this thinking weak-tight? Should I be pushing this edge instead?

Turn: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

After CO only calls my 3-bet, it's obvious that no one has a straight at this point. If he had capped, and the river was a blank, my river plan would be to check/call 1 BB, just in case he was overplaying two pair or the like.

River: (23 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Mainly, I'm wondering if I should have 3-bet the flop, or if waiting for a safe turn was the better plan.

La Brujita
05-01-2005, 11:27 AM
3 bet the flop and its not close. Worst comes to worst you are drawing to your fh and you still are getting value on the draw.

philnewall
05-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Definetly 3-bet the flop. You flopped a monster, and even if there are straight draws so what? You'll fill up by the river just under 1/3 of the time, and you'll win unimproved a whole bunch of the time aswell, your'e getting great value in this multiway pot so raise it up!

Jules22
05-01-2005, 02:17 PM
not 3 betting the flop gets a big thumbs down. if someone has a 6 you wanna charge em the max, right?

Senor Choppy
05-01-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my equity is easily over 20-25%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Double that, add 20, then you still might be underestimating this.

[ QUOTE ]
I decided to call, hoping for a safe turn. Is this thinking weak-tight? Should I be pushing this edge instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the best hand by a mile, not punishing the whole table with whatever clown hands they happen to be drawing with would be criminal.

DeeJ
05-01-2005, 03:06 PM
What I like about this hand is the way SB and UTG go all the way to the river for lots of bets and then fold away. Awesome.

What I don't like about this hand is the lack of a 3-bet flop. You gotta get value while you can from a monster flop.

RandomUser
05-01-2005, 03:26 PM
"What I like about this hand is the way SB and UTG go all the way to the river for lots of bets and then fold away. Awesome."

At least now we know where 2 of the 6s were.

Dazarath
05-01-2005, 03:45 PM
This may be a little results oriented, but I feel that I ended up earning more bets, because the CO decided to raise the turn. Of course, I was just lucky. He could've just called my bet and then I would've lost small bets on the flop from not 3-betting. Now that I think of it, I should've 3-bet the flop with the amount of equity I had to charge the draws. Thanks for all the responses.

philnewall
05-01-2005, 04:43 PM
He may well have raised the turn even if you 3-bet the flop, earning you even more.

jdock99
05-01-2005, 05:26 PM
If you raise flop turn will come a 6 and you will lose. In party poker, everytime you correctly play a hand fast you lose. Therefor, the only way to win is to play as slow as possible. However, conversely, if you have a very weak draw, anywhere from 2-5 outs, you want to put in as many raises as possible and you will hit ur hand guaranteed. When playing online poker, especially party, it is just as important to understand the algorithm as it is to understand good poker, which will just get you in trouble most of the time.

psyduck
05-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Pretty good. You have a huge edge on the flop, and even if you're behind, you have many outs. 3-bet, pushing that edge, and hope it's capped by CO.

Turn is fine. A check-raise is a little too powerful. 3-bet is good.
River is fine as well. You might whiff with a check-raise because CO sees the board pairing (i.e. if he had a straight).