PDA

View Full Version : ATs Hand - Postflop from the SB

Unarmed
05-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t1880)
CO (t1025)
Button (t530)
Hero (t700)
BB (t955)
UTG (t1010)
UTG+1 (t1215)
MP1 (t685)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t30, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t150) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t60</font>, UTG+1 calls t60, MP2 calls t60, Button folds, Hero calls t60.

Turn: (t390) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t125</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="red">I push.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP2 calls, river bricks.
Hero has As Ts (one pair, aces).
MP2 has Ah 3c (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins t1000. </font>

octaveshift
05-01-2005, 11:17 AM
I would have check raised the flop. By calling, you don't really know where you stand, and if you do plan to continue, you probably want to narrow the field.

Your mileage may vary.

Apathy
05-01-2005, 11:18 AM
I don't reallt like the turn check raise much. You risk giving a free card in a multiway pot with one pair which isn't good, then you get lucky and MP2 bets, if you are ahead MP2 only has 2-5 outs so there is no need to make a check raise that will *usually* (I read the results) get called only by better hands. In this situation you are best calling and either leading the river for a smaller amount like 200 or so, or if you think MP2 has absolutly nothing and was trying to steal the pot on the turn, you should check and call for value.

Unarmed
05-01-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have check raised the flop. By calling, you don't really know where you stand.

Your mileage may vary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am either miles ahead or already crushed. BB is the only guy I'm worried about.

octaveshift
05-01-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I am either miles ahead or already crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't a checkraise shed some light?

(I need to start qualifying all of my posts with: "As someone who doesn't know [censored], here is how _I_ would play it."

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Unarmed
05-01-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't reallt like the turn check raise much. You risk giving a free card in a multiway pot with one pair which isn't good, then you get lucky and MP2 bets, if you are ahead MP2 only has 2-5 outs so there is no need to make a check raise that will *usually* (I read the results) get called only by better hands. In this situation you are best calling and either leading the river for a smaller amount like 200 or so, or if you think MP2 has absolutly nothing and was trying to steal the pot on the turn, you should check and call for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH
Flop is easy IMO.
Turn I was torn between leading for 1/2 pot and checking. I pushed that because there's a few cards that kill my action (even though they shouldn't) and I figured with his stack he was close to pot committed.

adanthar
05-01-2005, 11:31 AM
On the turn, MP2 has an ace 100% of the time, so you're basically trying to figure out whose kicker is better. Since he's underbetting and only AJ really beats you, decent push, but I'd still check/call all the way down.

Apathy
05-01-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, MP2 has an ace 100% of the time, so you're basically trying to figure out whose kicker is better. Since he's underbetting and only AJ really beats you, decent push, but I'd still check/call all the way down.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think villian has a worse ace and your still going to check the river?!? You are missing some serious value by doing that. The only reason to check the river is if you are worried you are behind a good percentage of the time (which doesn't make sense because you called the turn) or if you put the opponent on a turn bluff and think he/she will fire again.

Irieguy
05-01-2005, 01:46 PM
I think you played the hand perfectly.

Irieguy

adanthar
05-01-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you think villian has a worse ace and your still going to check the river?!? You are missing some serious value by doing that. The only reason to check the river is if you are worried you are behind a good percentage of the time (which doesn't make sense because you called the turn) or if you put the opponent on a turn bluff and think he/she will fire again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I *am* behind a good percentage of the time (he has at least an ace and, I should have said, occasionally something better) but not enough to fold any street.

But that's a good point, I ought to bet the river more than I do on hands like this.

Voltron87
05-01-2005, 02:16 PM
What level is this? I've seen an increasing amount of people limp AK here, so I am rapidly cooling my guns in hands like this. If this weren't a multiway pot I would play it much more passively. But given the conditions I like your line. You are getting more money from hands you beat than any other line, and I don't think you are behind that much.

Unarmed
05-01-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What level is this? I've seen an increasing amount of people limp AK here, so I am rapidly cooling my guns in hands like this. If this weren't a multiway pot I would play it much more passively. But given the conditions I like your line. You are getting more money from hands you beat than any other line, and I don't think you are behind that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron87
05-01-2005, 02:25 PM
I meant limp AK at the 55 and 109 level, I forgot that in my first post. At the 22 your play is goot. +++Money from hands you beat.