PDA

View Full Version : TRUE POKER STILL SUCKS......

JayLeno
05-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Software is still horrible.
Played there for the resent bonus.
Good things: Allow 4 tabling - super
Bad things: when you like to sit down at a table you have to say yes twice to sit down. Pretty annoying.
But even worse: when you like to leave you have to push the X in the corner, say yes to "are you sure" and then say yes AGAIN to "are you really sure" - pissing me offffff. HORRIBLE!!!!
And when you sit down at the no limit table and play - and you like to raise - you have to put your cards down to see how much money you have left because the cards block the view - EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!
And it is still extremely difficult to get an overview of how many people are in the pot as the cards in the other end of the table is barely visible.
Why are they still SO LOUSY??????
Cant they improve on anything? Or are they satisfied with the crappy place they got as long as a few people play there and give them rake?
By the way - my result was good because of the horrible players there(players fit the software) so im not bitching because I lost! I just hope they would do something about these problems!

Uglyowl
05-01-2005, 09:10 AM
I am not overly impressed, but still have 1,300 hands to play there to take full advantage of the bonus.

Stu Pidasso
05-01-2005, 09:28 AM
RE TruePoker

I'm curious to know how many hands per hour do you get on a typical table? Say limit $3/6.

Stu

GaelicGrindFRC
05-01-2005, 09:32 AM
I used to play there 40 hours a week . Not anymore ... have yet to get a response from over 6 months ago . I was emailing them daily with a complaint that has yet to get a response, so I took my business to UB and love it.

JayLeno
05-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Exactly! They are not interested in having customers!
I will definitely not play there regularly beside when they are offering bonii!

Uglyowl
05-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Truepoker, in the days when Paradise was king, was my favorite by far. Now they are not even in my top ten anymore.

The Monk
05-01-2005, 11:58 AM
1 thing you have to admit is the graphics are the best on the net. Their servers are so so as I still get disconnected once in a while.
I am also surprised that no one brought up the showdown, as the cards come flying out on an All In, it is very hard to distinguish who won the hand and with what.
Having said all this their 1/2 )which is their lowest limit) constantly flops 45 to 60%. Anyone who plays knows what this translates to.
Their bonus is at least 2-3 times easier to obtain than UB.
My only grip with UB is the time it takes to work off a bonus, has to be among the worse on the net if not the worse.

JayLeno
05-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Graphics is very funny - I enjoy it. But I prefer to know how many opponents I have in a hand - and that is very difficult sitting in one end of the table. I can hardly tell whats going on in the other end.
You could easily do something to help this problem - wich has been stated SEVERAL TIMES! Yet they havent done ANYTHING to improve!

Nick-Zack
05-01-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Graphics is very funny - I enjoy it. But I prefer to know how many opponents I have in a hand - and that is very difficult sitting in one end of the table. I can hardly tell whats going on in the other end.
You could easily do something to help this problem - wich has been stated SEVERAL TIMES! Yet they havent done ANYTHING to improve!

[/ QUOTE ]

This part really sucks. There have been several times that I thought I was head up and come to find out I am bluffing into 3 or even 4 people.

TruePoker CEO
05-01-2005, 09:46 PM
What sort of solution do you think would best resolve the issue of keeping easier track of how many active players are in a hand ? I will take you at your word this is really a problem, as it certainly bugs me sometimes in live play ... as when a dealer doesn't SAY how many players are in before action begins.

(Solutions such as an audio announcement would be ineffective if people are multitabling, I think.)

What about the following, assuming the graphics work ... a simple graphic announcing # Active Players, as of the last time the action ended ... i.e. when a betting round ends and before the next round begins. (I'll raise this with our software devs.) Early ideas, such as having all active players flash did not test well.)

As for the "saying yes twice when sitting down, I do not understand this complaint ... You select a seat and are asked if you want to play for real money. If you say yes, then you are asked to determine how many chips you are putting on the table from your account ... That's it. (The part about asking if you want to play real money is pperhaps unnecessary, we will look at simply NOT allowing someone to sit down unless they HAVE real money, eliminating the need for that inquiry.)

Truepoker CEO

GrannyMae
05-01-2005, 10:15 PM
1 thing you have to admit is the graphics are the best on the net.

i gotta tell you. i upgraded my version of true today after a long time.

WOW, i am very, very impressed. i think the site looks awesome and i'm gonna give it some play this week. i made some great money there at the beginning and it is time to go raid the fishies again. TP is a trout pond and any 2+2er, meaning people who apply themselves at poker, will kick serious BUTT there.

TruePoker CEO
05-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Try www.browntroutpoker.com (http://www.browntroutpoker.com) if you need directions to our trout pond.

Truepoker CEO

GrannyMae
05-01-2005, 10:38 PM
this domain name fetish of yours is probably treatable with proper medication (e.g. thorazine). actually, this is sort of like a drug habit, no?

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/h0/dazdrool.gif

The Monk
05-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Hi Dave, I have no problem telling how many are in a hand as they have cards in front of them. I do wish we would have a regular showdown instead of an All In where the cards and chips go flying in less than a second. Also the slider isn't great in a NL tournament. A better slider and a box where you can type in your bet might be in order.
Having said this you bonus is a very liberal one unlike UB and your graphics kick ass-they are the best. It is still my favorite site. I am actually playing right now at a 1/2 table-but I don't use this name at your site. Great site Dave-thx
Like I stated before take reviews of sites on the net with a grain of salt as most have a vested interest on who they promote via the affiliations.

AAmaz0n
05-02-2005, 01:03 AM
I've been working on the bonus as well, and can see some improvement in the site. Some things that still bother me are;

as mentioned here, how small the icons on the far side of the table, it can be difficult to determine who is still in the hand.

the blind/buy in structure at NL. What's with blinds of 1 and 1 and a buy in of $25? It can't be that hard to mint some 0.25 and 0.50 chips in photoshop. It makes the play too compressed.

I'm always taken to a table that I'm on the waiting list for without being asked. It would be nice to have the option to refuse if I don't want to go there now. Also, sometimes instead of taking me to a waiting table, a duplicate lobby opens up and screws things up until I close it. Not always, maybe 10% of the time, it's some kind of bug.

Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the whole animated avatar thing, but see where it might turn some folks on. An option for me to opt out of them would be nice.

Oh, yes, and PLEASE put a four color deck in the works. at 1200x1600 the cards can be hard to read when you are accustomed to seeing four tables of four colors.

Glad to see the site at least making some efforts, and hope the improvements keep coming. I'm always looking for more rooms to play.

Shauna

JayLeno
05-02-2005, 07:04 AM
Maybe you could make the cards in the other end bigger - my other thought was flash the people still active - but it seems you have tried that without luck.
What about the other problems I mentioned - have you given them some thoughts?
And one more thing - when you need to rebuy after you have bin busted, you can use the slider to set the amount you like to rebuy. Why cant you slide it to 25$ on the 25$ NL HE tables? It stops at either 24 or 26 - no odd amount - and shouldnt it be supposed to stop at 25 on a MAX 25 table?
It cant be so difficult to fix....

Bill Bixby
05-02-2005, 09:51 AM
ive been playing there for four years this month /images/graemlins/smile.gif I love true poker, but please get a FOUR COLOR deck!!! Other than that, I will keep playing at TP as long as they are around, and that should be a while.

MicroBob
05-02-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the whole animated avatar thing, but see where it might turn some folks on. An option for me to opt out of them would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have yet to play at true and possibly won't until the option to turn off the avatars is implemented.
I just don't like avatars unless they are of the small-photo type like pokerstars in which case I'm okay with them.

Party and pokerroom I always have the avatars off.
UB I'm always in mini-view mode.

True just looks too annoying (I think I've seen a pic of the table in cardplayer or somewhere) and when I learned that the avatars are actually animated I thought, "Well...there's a site I'm definitely not interested to play at."

The fact that I'm actually 'kind of' interested based on the bonuses, the talk of the the fish that are there, and the professionalism of Dave on this forum is impressive considering how much I really DON'T want to play with avatars (much less animation).

Regarding the ability to see the players still active at the other end.
Instead of flashing (which obviously isn't a great idea) you could have an option for a red-dot on their cards (easier to see) or a halo over their heads or anything. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with something.

stir
05-02-2005, 11:22 AM
The 4 color deck request has been made several times.

Not a biggie to mod the SW, yet they refuse to listen to this very reasonable request

HopeydaFish
05-02-2005, 11:36 AM
As someone who plays at TP fairly frequently, I'd say that these are the biggest issues with the site:

1) The All-in *really* needs to be fixed. All that needs to happen is that when players are all-in, the cards should be dealt to the board at a *much* slower rate so that the players can follow what's going on. It's annoying to have to look at the hand history to figure out how I could have possibly lost a hand where I was heavily favoured when I pushed in my stack. It really kills the realism to have the cards suddenly appear like that.

2) The fact that you need to lower your cards first to see how much money you have left. This is especially annoying at PL and NL games.

3) When you are UTG, the FOLD/BET/RAISE buttons appear before you are dealt your cards. They shouldn't be visible until you receive your cards.

4) The Fold/Check/Raise buttons appear in the same locations as the "autoplay" checkboxes. There have been a couple of instances where play hadn't reached me and I went to check one of the autoplay checkboxes, only to accidently check one of the Fold/Check/Raise buttons that appeared when play suddenly made it around to me. The checkboxes and buttons need to be separated from each other instead of overlapping.

5) I've had a couple of instances where I was signed up for a MTT or a SNG, the tournament starts, and I'm not sent to the table. However, the application seems to "think" that I'm at the table, so I'm not able to join the table by double clicking on it. The only solution I've found is to stop and restart the application altogether. The problem with doing this, is if I'm multitabling when the MTT/SNG bug occurs and I'm at a particularly juicy PL O/8 game (for instance), I'm not allowed to leave the table and come back, so when I restart the application, I can't go back to any non-limit games that I was seated at. This bug occurs about 5-10% of the time.

meow_meow
05-02-2005, 12:17 PM
I play at true quite a bit for the quality of the games, just wanted to add my two cents to the wish list:

1) 4 colour deck. C'mon, everyone does this.

2) as already mentioned, the all-in thing.

3) fractions.

4) hand histories need improvement.

Beach-Whale
05-02-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, yes, and PLEASE put a four color deck in the works. at 1200x1600 the cards can be hard to read when you are accustomed to seeing four tables of four colors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that they should have a four-color deck, and I can't even begin to imagine why they haven't already implemented this simple option, but why on earth do you have 1600 x 1200 when playing True? 1280 x 1024 should be enough to show four tables, and would make it easier to see things for you.

Maybe this is why some people have such trouble seeing who's in and not. Personally I play at True with a resolution of 1024 x 768 with a little overlap, and I think this works fine. If you want no overlap, you should have a Large monitor, and set it to 1280 x 1024.

HopeydaFish
05-02-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I don't have a problem telling who is in and who is out, either. Ocassionally I've not noticed that a player is still in, but that's usually as a result of me not paying attention and playing too quickly as opposed to any flaw in the software. I can see how the multitablers would have a problem, though -- those screens are awfully small once you have your resolution increased to fit them all. The most I play is 3 tables (with the "logs" not visible - which saves space), so I don't have such issues.

joedot
05-02-2005, 04:22 PM
"graphics are still the best". I'm not playing poker to watch cartoons or anything, so this is the least important thing of all to me. True Poker has the #2 worst customer service after Pacific. If they didn't have the live host chat, they would be the worst. They are trash, but the players suck on there, so that's a plus. Bonuses seem to take forever to clear though, so what's the point in giving them any action.

The Monk
05-02-2005, 08:26 PM
The bonuses aren't very hard to clear at all. Very comparable to Paradise Poker.
They have live hosts so how can the customer service suck? The host are ALWAYS there 24/7.

the_rookie
05-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Topics like these suck...

JayLeno
05-03-2005, 08:08 AM
yeah - really sucks....

splashpot
05-03-2005, 08:40 AM
TruePoker CEO,

I haven't played on your site yet, but I probably will try it in the near future. I looked at the sample video of the graphics on your site, and I don't think I would enjoy playing that way. Yea, the 3D graphics look cool, but I think I prefer a simpler interface. Staring at so many tables for so long, I really prefer as little detail as possible. When I play on other sites, I always turn the characters off. Maybe you should have an option to play with 3D graphics or simple graphics. (if you already have this, ignore me)

Eihli
05-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Why not put an easily visible card marker over the characters model if they still have cards in play? Although, I guess that would ruin all the work put into making the tables as realistic as possible.

titans01
05-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Well I went ahead and signed up last night and so far I'm enjoying it. My problems so far is this:

1.) 4 - color deck. It's already been said.

2.) Left clicking on a person brings up the notes for that person. This is an annoying feature when you are playing multiple tables. I was playing 2 True tables and 2 Empires last night and kept clicking back when it was my turn only to hit a person and have his notes come up. It would be better if you had to right click the person to bring up his notes. GamesGrid has this same annoying feature.

As far as the people still in the hand, I didn't have a whole lot of problems with that but I could see where making the hole cards larger at the far end of the table would help.

I do like the site though. Seems a decent amount of fish and the bonus clears at an acceptable rate.

fooz
05-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Microbob,

Sure, I agree with you on the avatars. I use my own doctored-up version of a graphic skin with a mellow background for Party and Skins, because when you're staring at lots of windows all day long, you just want the pure information with as few distractions as possible....BUT..

UI is EVERYTHING. For new players or single table players, the graphics at TruePoker cannot be beat! I still recommend it to anyone who really just wants some poker fun and isn't necessarily looking for fish ponds. It's where I and many friends started way back, and it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Downloading again now, for some reminiscing.

meow_meow
05-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, maybe someone should make a list of what they like about TP:

1) cashouts hit neteller instantly. Not 4 hours, not 1 hour, not 15 minutes. Right away.

2) the graphics are an entertaining break from the grind, and I keep getting hit on when I select a female avatar, it's fun.

3) the games are mostly pretty juicy, when they are running. Basically, there are two types of players: regulars, who also play at other sites, most of whom are reasonable, and fish, who play at TP because they don't know that there are much bigger sites out there (i.e. they are clueless).

Jeffage
05-03-2005, 03:28 PM
Do bigger limit games ever go (15-30, etc)?

Thanks,
Jeff

TruePoker CEO
05-03-2005, 03:38 PM
I have no idea if there is a difficulty with going to right click for bringing up notes, I'll pass that on.

I will also see about changing the graphics to enlarge the cards sitting in front of the far opponents, but I think the folks complaining might simply prove unhappy with the whole "First Person" presentation we offer.

Creation of an optional 2D version, the ubiquitous top down view, would be a longer term project. We have devoted resources to other items, such as "fractions", to meet market expectations.

I am soliciting opinions on a 2D version option, altho I really would prefer they post in a separate thread.

Thanks,

Truepoker CEO

meow_meow
05-03-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do bigger limit games ever go (15-30, etc)?

Thanks,
Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

The 15-30, not very often, and usually very short. The 10-20 more often, but often short. Both games are usually stocked with a couple of decent players...the 5-10 is much, much softer.

The 200 and 500NL go quite a bit (2-4 and 2-5 blinds respectively)

Yads
05-03-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2.) Left clicking on a person brings up the notes for that person. This is an annoying feature when you are playing multiple tables. I was playing 2 True tables and 2 Empires last night and kept clicking back when it was my turn only to hit a person and have his notes come up. It would be better if you had to right click the person to bring up his notes. GamesGrid has this same annoying feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also have this gripe, when I'm playing at another site at teh same time and click back to the window it pops up the notes for a player a lot of the time.

SoftcoreRevolt
05-03-2005, 05:37 PM
A change in the player notes to right clicking would be a big help, I remember this being a really annoying problem when I played at TP. It was the only real problem I had with the site. I really don't remember having too much trouble figuring out who was in the hand... but maybe my memory is fuzzy. But right clicking would be rocking.