PDA

View Full Version : Where's the money KaneFu?

The Yugoslavian
05-01-2005, 04:47 AM
I recently participated in a Mat Sklansky Appreciation Haiku Contest (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2228002&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1) here in OOT.

I have been dabbling in Haikus over in the STT forum and was eager to contribute a few Haikus in honor of Mat (he certainly does a pretty good job keeping the trash out of the forums).

I was very pleased when one of my Haikus was declared the winner of the contest! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The contest originator asked me to pm my Party info for a transfer of the $200 that he promised the winner and I, of course, obliged.

Well, after a while with no response I received the following pm:

[ QUOTE ]

i actually plan to donate that money to a charity instead of giving it to you.

sorry if you think im a dick.

-kane

[/ QUOTE ]

It would seem KaneKungFu123 perhaps had no actual intentions of paying out the money. It seems quite clear he owes me the $200. Furthermore, it is very lame that he postured in his thread about paying it out, then ignored my initial pm and came up with a disappointing excuse to say the least for why he wasn't going to pay up.

I will leave it to OOT to be KaneKungFu123's conscience and decide this matter.

zokbarjazz
05-01-2005, 04:51 AM
5 unanimous responses /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GrekeHaus
05-01-2005, 05:43 AM
I think the big winner here is clearly Big Steve. Either Yugo gets his money (I'm sure Big Steve would be happy to see Yugo get his money) or Big Steve gets a good time.

Tron
05-01-2005, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the big winner here is clearly Big Steve. Either Yugo gets his money (I'm sure Big Steve would be happy to see Yugo get his money) or Big Steve gets a good time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a very funny post, good job.
(I figure this is better than 'NH' or 'LOL')

The Yugoslavian
05-01-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(I'm sure Big Steve would be happy to see Yugo get his money)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most profound thing I've ever seen you post.

If BigSteve wants me to get the money, then how can KaneFu refuse??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yugoslav

tbach24
05-01-2005, 03:12 PM
At the very least you should be able to choose to which charity the money goes.

Huskiez
05-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Did he mention which charity it was? Do I hear Human Fund?

The Yugoslavian
05-01-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did he mention which charity it was?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he didn't even bother making one up that he was sending the $$ to.

[ QUOTE ]

Do I hear Human Fund?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...see, he's not actually giving the prize money to a charity. If he wants to give money to a charity that would is fine with me but that really has nothing to do with paying or not paying out a prize he indicated in the linked thread.

It's also a pretty lame excuse as to why he's not paying me. And the added 'sorry if you think I'm a dick' is even weaker.

His only correct response was really:

[ QUOTE ]

I had no intention of paying out the prize. My word means nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, at least, is authentic and honest.

Yugoslav

pshreck
05-01-2005, 03:29 PM
I dont get why he made that offer in the first place. Maybe he was drunk? Why/how did he think he woulc get out of paying it?

tbach24
05-01-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont get why he made that offer in the first place. Maybe he was drunk? Why/how did he think he woulc get out of paying it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even sketchier was that he raised the intial prize of 100 to 200.

GrekeHaus
05-01-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I think he just wanted to make a thread and get a lot of responses. I'm pretty sure he never had any intention of paying out any of the money.

Also, I'm pretty sure by charity he meant "bet it all on red".

a500lbgorilla
05-01-2005, 03:39 PM
No honor amung thieves.

Anal rape sounds fair. :P

maldini
05-01-2005, 03:47 PM
he should be ostrasized by the 2+2 posting community.

not that that's the worst punishment ever, but seems appropriate. i dont post much but will certainly not read or respond to any posts from this person.

FishBurger
05-01-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anal rape sounds fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if Kane planned for that to happen all along?

Kane knew that who ever he stiffed in the Haiku competition would be pissed. It seems logical that a pissed person would suggest that whomever made him pissed be anally raped. Instead of admitting that he is gay, Kane can now say that "Yugo forced me to accept BigSteve's (loving, laughing, learning) cock into my anus." I think this was a brilliant scheme by Kane to satisfy his curiousity about rectal sex.

GrekeHaus
05-01-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anal rape sounds fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kane knew that who ever he stiffed in the Haiku competition would be pissed. It seems logical that a pissed person would suggest that whomever made him pissed be anally raped. Instead of admitting that he is gay, Kane can now say that "Yugo forced me to accept BigSteve's (loving, laughing, learning) cock into my anus." I think this was a brilliant scheme by Kane to satisfy his curiousity about rectal sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL.

Very well done sir. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

a500lbgorilla
05-01-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Yugo forced me to accept BigSteve's (loving, laughing, learning) cock into my anus."

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Curiosity: SATISFIED! (http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-346.png)

SackUp
05-01-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Yugo forced me to accept BigSteve's (loving, laughing, learning) cock into my anus."

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

[/ QUOTE ]

I double that. well played. I love it anytime people throw in BigSteves catch phrase...it is sooo awful.

GrekeHaus
05-01-2005, 08:13 PM
First off, if you want another example of Kane's lies, click here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2267087&Fo rum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main =2267087&Search=true&where=&Name=28409&daterange=& newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post2267087).

Second, I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce the official "Yugoslav Sympathy Haiku Contest". The contest will be open to all people, including Yugo himself.

The winner of this contest will recieve 17 cents, a paperclip, 3 dozen of my pubic hairs, a half eaten baja beef chalupa, and gonorrhea.

Here's the first entry:

He cut off his toe
Thought he would get two hundred
Where's the money Kane?

Matt Flynn
05-01-2005, 08:15 PM
kane put an upper bound on the value of his word.

SpearsBritney
05-01-2005, 08:25 PM
If he didn't want to pay up, he should of just logged in as a new user, made a haiku, annouced his alter-ego the winner, and that would have been the end of it. Unless ofcourse he does't really give a sh;t.

(FWIW, I don't think your haiku's all that great anyway)

theredwave
05-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Maybe he's trying to teach you a lesson like el diablo did to GoT, never trust anyone.

GrekeHaus
05-01-2005, 08:48 PM
What did El D do to GoT?

theredwave
05-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Search webbogle or something like that in the past 5 months or so, shouldn't turn up many threads.

jason_t
05-01-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What did El D do to GoT?

[/ QUOTE ]

The story (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1697141&Fo rum=f20&Words=%2BWord%20%2BStreet%20-Re%3A&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=1697141&Search=tr ue&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=20&newerty pe=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post1697141).

Blarg
05-01-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anal rape sounds fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheheh

Blarg
05-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Ooh that's ugly. I would have thought better of him.

From that thread:

[ QUOTE ]
GoT and Diablo played weboggle $100/game. Diablo won 5 straight games. Diablo used some engine on the net or something that solves the board for you, so, he was effectively scoring in the 400-500 point range on boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Yugoslavian
05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Search webbogle or something like that in the past 5 months or so, shouldn't turn up many threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that situation was completely different.

Also, if I remember correctly, GoT paid up like a man...

Yugoslav

zephed56
05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
KaztheOriginal?

GrekeHaus
05-01-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if I remember correctly, GoT paid up like a man...

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I read through about 10% of that big ass thread. The situation there was that there were questions as to whether or not the rules of the game were broken. Here, the rules were Kane pays $200 to the winner. I don't think there is any disagreement about rules in this case.

Also, the point is that nobody forced Kane to do this, and to say you're going to pay $200 and then change your mind is completely retarded. It is worth publicly noting the retardedness that occured on Kane's part, as well as alerting others on the forum to the fact that he is not trustworthy.

theredwave
05-01-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only saying that both you and GoT trusted someone you didn't know that well and got burned.

The Yugoslavian
05-02-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only saying that both you and GoT trusted someone you didn't know that well and got burned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, yeah, that situation was completely different. It should be very clear why but I'll rehash: GoT trusted El Diablo to play the game straight up in their prop bet...he didn't and GoT paid up anyway even though he viewed this as cheating.

I entered a winning Haiku in a contest and then was not paid the prize money promised. I'm not sure the word 'trust' is what you're looking for in this scenario...more like 'hoped' or 'assumed' or 'expected.'

Anyway, I think it sort of funny that KaneFu123 has of course been absent from this thread yet made a post today

Yugoslav here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2288151&Fo rum=f20&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2284336& Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=28409&daterange=1&n ewerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypre v=#Post2288151) in reference to expensive Thai cuisine...

[ QUOTE ]

If you go to eat in an expensive resterant, one of those dishes could run you a buck fifty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess now we know where the money went... /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Yugoslav

Ulysses
05-02-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, yeah, that situation was completely different. It should be very clear why but I'll rehash: GoT trusted El Diablo to play the game straight up in their prop bet...he didn't and GoT paid up anyway even though he viewed this as cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? Who paid whom what? Please tell me why you said "GoT paid up anyway." Do you think it is cool to just make crap up? The thread's right there, please point out the part where either GoT was asked to pay or mentioned paying. Thanks, chief. THE WHOLE THING WAS A JOKE, YOU MORON.

The Yugoslavian
05-02-2005, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? Who paid whom what? Please tell me why you said "GoT paid up anyway." Do you think it is cool to just make crap up? The thread's right there, please point out the part where either GoT was asked to pay or mentioned paying. Thanks, chief. THE WHOLE THING WAS A JOKE, YOU MORON.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should most likely be 'moran' not 'moron.'

As for the happenings and/or results of the 'bet' you two made....I certainly should have phrased myself differently as I obviously cannot pretend to know what actually transpired in the way of payment.

More accurately I should have said something like, "GoT offered to pay El D the money if asked directly." This is far from actually paying the money. However, given your adamance throughout the thread that the money was clearly owed to you and what JA tacked on near the end, it would seem likely you either received the debt or had the means to receive the debt.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how funny the JOKE was...btw. Granted many of your posts *are* geniuinely funny. I don't really see the humor in a thread containing hundreds of posts about was perhaps an imaginary bet.

However, the actual point I was going for remains the same. Two totally different scenarios....albeit possibly one was a failed joke and didn't actually take place.

Yugoslav

BreakEvenPlayer
05-02-2005, 04:42 AM
You sound pretty hard up for this 200 bucks. KaneFu is obviously a troll and I would never have expected to be paid.

pshreck
05-02-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You sound pretty hard up for this 200 bucks. KaneFu is obviously a troll and I would never have expected to be paid.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think he sounds 'hard up'. I think most people arent in the 95th percentile of income would be pretty pissed when they expect 200 bucks and dont get it for whatever reason.

The Yugoslavian
05-02-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You sound pretty hard up for this 200 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hate to see what I sound like when I actually am hard up for 200 bucks...

[ QUOTE ]

KaneFu is obviously a troll and I would never have expected to be paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah....I didn't really think so at the time of the contest. Whether I expected to be paid or not isn't the issue here. I knew not getting paid was as distinct possibility but that doesn't make Kane's actions any less pathetic. The least I can do is have fun with the whole thing and ruin his reputation, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav

DeezNuts
05-02-2005, 12:44 PM
I have no idea what's worse, someone that offers to give away money on a anonymous message board, or someone that expects to receive it.

I decided, it's the latter.

DN

Daliman
05-02-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That should most likely be 'moran' not 'moron.'

As for the happenings and/or results of the 'bet' you two made....I certainly should have phrased myself differently as I obviously cannot pretend to know what actually transpired in the way of payment.

More accurately I should have said something like, "GoT offered to pay El D the money if asked directly." This is far from actually paying the money. However, given your adamance throughout the thread that the money was clearly owed to you and what JA tacked on near the end, it would seem likely you either received the debt or had the means to receive the debt.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how funny the JOKE was...btw. Granted many of your posts *are* geniuinely funny. I don't really see the humor in a thread containing hundreds of posts about was perhaps an imaginary bet.

However, the actual point I was going for remains the same. Two totally different scenarios....albeit possibly one was a failed joke and didn't actually take place.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take it too hard. This is yet another case of El D claiming superiority because he knows every minute detail of something that most people have only a passing interest in. You're not the only one who took the thread in question at face value, yet those of us that didn't bother to read through 200-some replies are all morons. Pay no attention to the fact that they went to GREAT lengths to make it appears genuine for most of the thread.

Every once in awhile El D get the urge to prove how superior to us all he is, whether he is right or not. For someone who likes telling people their failings so often, he sure is sensitive, among other things.

Voltron87
05-02-2005, 12:55 PM
is this going to become STT vs El D and his dickriders? Or just one of the usual "Everyone vs Daliman"'s?

The Yugoslavian
05-02-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Don't take it too hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, yeah, we all know I lost like 5 hours of sleep last night b/c of it, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[ QUOTE ]

This is yet another case of El D claiming superiority because he knows every minute detail of something that most people have only a passing interest in. You're not the only one who took the thread in question at face value, yet those of us that didn't bother to read through 200-some replies are all morons. Pay no attention to the fact that they went to GREAT lengths to make it appears genuine for most of the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....but I ain't mad at him...

[ QUOTE ]

Every once in awhile El D get the urge to prove how superior to us all he is, whether he is right or not. For someone who likes telling people their failings so often, he sure is sensitive, among other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize what you're inviting here, don't you? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav
Who wants to see some old fashioned Dali/El D flamin' up in this...

Daliman
05-02-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Don't take it too hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, yeah, we all know I lost like 5 hours of sleep last night b/c of it, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

[ QUOTE ]

This is yet another case of El D claiming superiority because he knows every minute detail of something that most people have only a passing interest in. You're not the only one who took the thread in question at face value, yet those of us that didn't bother to read through 200-some replies are all morons. Pay no attention to the fact that they went to GREAT lengths to make it appears genuine for most of the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....but I ain't mad at him...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize what you're inviting here, don't you? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, maybe it will. I just get sick of people flaming others for honest mistakes, ESPECIALLY when El D was being held in very high regard at the beginning of this post. And yes, I do see the irony in my initial statement, but When called on my duplicity, I almost always 'fess up.

purnell
05-02-2005, 01:49 PM
kanefu tells a lie
yugo feels ripped off and mad
bigsteve wears a smile

You can send the prize to KaneFu.

Ulysses
05-02-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boring.

tolbiny
05-02-2005, 02:06 PM
YOu clearely don't watch enough wesley snipes.

ALWAYS bet on black.

The Yugoslavian
05-02-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not nearly as boring as your failed duck feast.

Frankly, I'm not sure you've been up to par lately, /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Even your foray into this thread has been less than stellar.

I have been disappointed, /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Yugoslav

daryn
05-02-2005, 06:15 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

If you go to eat in an expensive resterant, one of those dishes could run you a buck fifty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess now we know where the money went... /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he meant $1.50.

anyway, blah blah blah he should pay me but he didn't and he keeps posting blah blah blah.

GrekeHaus
05-02-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
kanefu tells a lie
yugo feels ripped off and mad
bigsteve wears a smile

You can send the prize to KaneFu.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite not having a single reference to The Big Lebowskithis is a very good haiku. You're in the lead right now.

I've decided to up the prize to 23 cents, an extra large paper clip, 3 dozen public hairs and 2 dozen ass hairs, a baja steak chalupa with one bite taken out of it and AIDS.