PDA

View Full Version : Is 2 or 3 tabling 1/2 stud on Pokerstars pheasible and +EV?

blackize
05-01-2005, 04:17 AM
I am absolutely cleaning up at the 1/2 tables on Stars. At peak hours there are 2 or 3 of these tables running. I think that I could successfully 3 table, but how much do you think it would decrease my winrate?

RandomUser
05-01-2005, 04:24 AM
You will probably decrease your win rate (very hard to remember folded cards on all tables at same time), but you easily make up for it in volume.

I 3-table stud all the time and usually play hold-'em on the 4th table since it requires much less concentration.

I can 4-table stud, but it can get dicey when you are active in hands on 4 tables at the same time.

I'd suggest starting with 2 tables till you get comfortable with that, then move up to 3 tables once you can 2-table easily.

blackize
05-01-2005, 04:34 AM
Yeah I think Ill give it a shot soon. I think the 1/2 tables are insanely profitable for multitabling since you can really just beat people over the head with bets when you have a strong hand and they just call. Getting raised or finding a tricky player is so rare that if I can just track my own dead cards through all the tables I can clean up.

Andy B
05-01-2005, 01:12 PM
I am able to play two tables without a whole lot of difficulty. I can't even play three hold'em tables at once, though.

timmer
05-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Yeah You can 2 table simple stud games

realize that better opponents are going to take advantage of your auto folding .

practice at a lower limit and once you have the hang of it move to your regular limits.

timmer

I want to add that for multitabling stuid a dual monitor set up is likely the way to go. you might want to try one of the auto card tracking programs. ( complete dependence on which creates its own set of problems)

BeerMoney
05-01-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

realize that better opponents are going to take advantage of your auto folding .

[/ QUOTE ]

Timmer, he's playing 1/2.

bholdr
05-01-2005, 02:10 PM
It is much more difficult to multitable stud than hold 'em. that said, i sometimes play as many as four stud 1/2 stud tables, and i think that i gross more when i multitable, but my BB/100 goes down when i add more than two.

there should be no problem for a competent stud player to play two tables, but only if you're an overall winner, or are whoring a bonus.

GL.

RandomUser
05-01-2005, 02:10 PM
If you have a monitor/card that can support 1600x1200, that is all you need to play 4 tables with no overlap.

Michael Emery
05-01-2005, 03:37 PM
I find that I can play four stud tables very easily myself. I'm sure that my BB/100 goes down very slightly with each additional table, but overall I more than make up for it adding the additional tables into the mix. As some already pointed out hold'em is a much easier game to multi.

Mike Emery

blackize
05-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Arg! Just realized that I spelled feasible completely wrong. Oh well, at least nobody else pointed it out. Holdem is also less profitable due to the fact that most monkey's know what a decent starting hand is there. In stud I love when someone plays AK3 because they think its strong.

PoorLawyer
05-01-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Arg! Just realized that I spelled feasible completely wrong. Oh well, at least nobody else pointed it out. Holdem is also less profitable due to the fact that most monkey's know what a decent starting hand is there. In stud I love when someone plays AK3 because they think its strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know about this. I think there are a ton more hold em players who have no clue compared to bad stud players.

Andy B
05-01-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Arg! Just realized that I spelled feasible completely wrong. Oh well, at least nobody else pointed it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean we didn't notice it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Also, the plural of "monkey" is "monkeys," not "monkey's."

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blackize
05-02-2005, 02:44 AM
Bah! Why do I post at 4 and 5 am when Im exhausted? Damn those glaring errors. But seriously though, most stud players at the low limit dont seem to realize that all 3 cards matter. People who play in a low ante game and will call with junk like AK3 while im only playing live flushes, live straights, and pairs are going to be way behind. In holdem its a bit harder to get that sort of edge over someone.

Wu36
05-04-2005, 07:08 AM
I suck at multitabling stud, anything more than 2 tables is too much. I can usually handle 8-10 sngs/mtts or 4-6 tables of 6max holdem so take from that what you will.