PDA

View Full Version : Flop decision..$10-$20 Borgata hand

Mike Gallo
05-01-2005, 03:26 AM
The table dynamic has changed for the start of this hand. The table went from us playing 6 handed to a full table.

Every one limps to a two plus two'er who posted $10 one to my right and checked. I looked down at KK from the cutoff and raised. Everyone called including the cocktail waitress. 7 of us see the flop for 2 big bets each.

Flop A 9 2

Action gets checked to me, routine bet? One thought, the table feature players who would check raise an ace instead of leading out. If I do bet and get raised (button called)or check raised do I fold to a check raise?

Yobz
05-01-2005, 03:34 AM
I would bet and call a raise (if there are 2 callers, a raiser and 1 cold caller you are already getting 21:1 to hit your trips or any runner flush or anything)

cold_cash
05-01-2005, 03:46 AM
I think a bet is good if it will at least thin the herd a little bit. I like a bet even more if it will allow you see a showdown for one big bet.

I don't really like your chances with 6 opponents and an Ace on the board, but a bet might at least get a couple people to fold incorrectly those rare times you're winning, and hopefully get you the button.

Getting check-raised would be a zero on the fun scale, mostly because you might be stuck having to call it. I still think I like a bet though, especially if it will cut the field in half. Plus it would seem like an easy fold on the turn if the check-raiser leads out because there aren't really any draws he or she could be betting.

ArturiusX
05-01-2005, 03:48 AM
How thinking is this 2+2er? Does he know you'll fold to a raise?

cold_cash
05-01-2005, 03:57 AM
I wouldn't be too worried about a check-raise from the 2+2 guy.

Basically the only hand he could really have to do it with would be 22, since it would probably trap a few players.

It seems like if he had an Ace he'd lead out.

cnfuzzd
05-01-2005, 04:50 AM
Hum. If i were on the button i might seriously consider checking this and calling one bet each on the turn and river. While im convinced that your hand is now garbage, i think you are ahead or going to suck out enough in this already big pot that it might be profitable. However, the button being in complicates things.

Im betting. If i get checkraised, im calling assuming im getting somewhere around 18:1, especially if this is a table that features some people who love to stay in through the river. If im not raised, i will either check any turn that doesnt improve my hand, or bet the turn and check through a blank river, depending on the players left in the hand and how they are likely to respond to each situation.

I feel very nit-ish

peace

john nickle

mostsmooth
05-01-2005, 06:43 AM
who was the chick on your left? did you score?
who was the 22er?

Mike Gallo
05-01-2005, 08:36 AM
How thinking is this 2+2er? Does he know you'll fold to a raise?

He folded.

Mike Gallo
05-01-2005, 08:38 AM
who was the chick on your left?

Erin /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

did you score?

Ummm...what do you mean /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

who was the 22er?

I know his real name not his 2 + 2 identity.

Mike Gallo
05-01-2005, 08:42 AM
ok...recap.

7 players see the flop for 2 bets each. I raised from the cutoff with KK.

Flop A 9 2

When action got to me I checked. A really bad player on the button bet. Thats the girl that Mostsmooth referenced. A worse player checkraised from utg. I folded. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

The girl on the button had A7, utg had AQ and took it down. I would not have improved.

I commented to my friend to my right that I hated making the fold on the flop, however I knew I needed to spike a King.

chesspain
05-01-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I commented to my friend to my right that I hated making the fold on the flop, however I knew I needed to spike a King.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the sentiments expressed above. You should be pleased that the other players so effectively telegraphed their better hands to you.

SA125
05-01-2005, 11:15 AM
This is similar to the post by Buckshot where Barry raised KQ in the BB, then check/folded an A d d flop. The chances of someone not having an A in this game and hand were slim and none. You can't routinely check/fold to scare cards, but routinely autobetting them is a leak.