PDA

View Full Version : flopped the nuts but...how bad did i miss here?

EvanJC
05-01-2005, 02:19 AM
villians are both unknown. seriously, somebody tell me how horrible this river is. i had a massive weak/tight panic attack. was the flop alright? bah, flame away.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (18.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.25 BB

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-01-2005, 03:03 AM
Given that CO liked his hand a lot when the flush didn't come on the turn and the BB didn't raise the river, I think not raising here is bad.

tolbiny
05-01-2005, 03:14 AM
When the cutoff raise comes back to me on the flop i three bet it, there are a lot of hands that the c/o could want a free card with and also a lot of cards to come that could kill your action.

MoDOH
05-01-2005, 04:50 AM
First of all I raise this flop almost everytime. it is a highly coordinated board and chances are very good that you will get some nice action if you raise. since you called the initial flop bet I would definitely raise the second time around...

And the river is an easy raise. I´m guessing he either got a set or top two.it might end up a split pot but there is no way in hell you are losing this pot. if threebet on the river I cap this sucker everytime

aslowjoe
05-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Not rasing the flop is close decision. However The river raise is a must.

zephed56
05-01-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
villians are both unknown. seriously, somebody tell me how horrible this river is. i had a massive weak/tight panic attack. was the flop alright? bah, flame away.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]<font color="blue">Somebody said the flop decision was close, I disagree. 3-bet the flop while you still have someone trapped in between. They could be calling with anything, no need to assign them to a diamond or set draw. I can see gutshots and OESD's calling here too, not to mention a board pair.

Once the pot gets bloated, you'll tie those one pair hands to the pot and they'll call you down the whole way. More money for you.</font>

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (18.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]<font color="blue">Raise the river, you've got BB padding the river here, so you don't need to be ahead as often as HU. You're ahead &gt; 1/3 of the time.</font>