PDA

View Full Version : Dumb archives question

RamGad
05-01-2005, 01:34 AM
I was trying to look up archives of some of the posters here and in search I typed in: "posts by" Schneids, newer than 10 years, and HUSH, and with all the rcommended people I got (El Diablo, Schneids and gonores, etc) "sorry, search has 0 results." Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

twankerr
05-01-2005, 02:19 AM
Using the search function /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

naphand
05-01-2005, 03:57 AM
you are searching under "username search"? If you are getting no results either the server was down or you are horribly mis-spelling names. it works easily enough.

search..
username search..
"schneids"
newer than 1 year(s)

plenty of posts... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Scotch78
05-01-2005, 04:12 AM
There are two search functions. The first is reached by clicking "Search" at the top center of the forum. The second (the one you want) is reached by clicking "Older Archives" on the left hand side, then "Recent Archives" in the top left corner. If you enter in a search from that page and still get zero results, then find the drop down menu towards the bottom that allows you to selectd "Display All Dates". If that, or something similar to it doesn't work, you'll have to wait until my hangover passes.

sCott

RamGad
05-01-2005, 05:04 AM
Ahhh ha! I was trying for the general search. Didn't even know an older archives section existed. Thanks Scotch.