PDA

View Full Version : Scary turn card, is this an easy fold?

this guy
05-01-2005, 01:33 AM
Hi guys, was wondering if this is a standard fold on the turn. Also, is it ok to raise preflop in this situation?

No reads on the villian, but most of the table was very passive.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-01-2005, 01:57 AM
I don't think it's an easy fold at all. In fact I think it's the worst of your 3 options. Fish love to stop and go you when a scare card falls.

If it were me, I would raise and fold to a 3bet and probably take a free showdown unless a non /images/graemlins/heart.gif A or 9 came.

-Craig

wrto4556
05-01-2005, 02:02 AM
imo, if you aren't raising this turn, you shouldn't be raising preflop.

imported_leader
05-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Whole hand is very read dependent. Without a read on the other people in the hand, the PFR is questionable especially since if UTG+1 is a reasonable player you would be making a mistake by raising. I'd also to be more likely to raise here if the blinds are tight and I could get it HU easily. I don't mind your turn play. It would be my first choice against most players, but your other option here would be to raise/folding to a 3-bet and check behind the river.

this guy
05-01-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you elaborate on this?

imported_leader
05-01-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My impression of that would be that if you RPF UTG+1 should be a bad player. If UTG+1 is a bad player, you should raise the turn. Maybe there is another reason too.

ArturiusX
05-01-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't isolate unless you can run over the top of him.

einbert
05-01-2005, 02:39 AM
Bad fold, bad.

istewart
05-01-2005, 02:41 AM
einbert I really really really really really hate your avatar. Change it for the sake of my eyes? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-01-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
einbert I really really really really really hate your avatar. Change it for the sake of my eyes? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes change it; it's Peachy Day!!! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2286535&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)