PDA

View Full Version : My 55 play on a read

savagetiper
05-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Hey, all. Just wondering what you think. Villian is 20.29Vpip 10.14 PFR out of 69 hands. Id like a play on all streets.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Here I put the villian on a Missed KQs or AKo/s when he bet so I raised to evaluate what he did. When he raised I put him on over Pockets and still the same AK and KQ.

Turn: (6.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

When I saw this Jack I still continued on because I did not put him on Aj or Kj (while he could be on KJs that wiffed)

River: (8.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Here My thoughts of Him being on Overpairs were confirmed yet I still had the inclination that he bet his Ak that wiffed so i called. Yet i didnt like this call. I think with my thought process i went through that i should have folded to the river bet. So lookign back i would have only folded on the river... please tell me if im a giant idiot... i usually dont play with calling down with 55 against that board but this week i have been tryign to put more thougth into my plays... so let me know if i out played myself /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Thanks, Andrew
What he had in white
<font color="white"> [/KK]

imported_leader
05-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Check/Folding flop isn't horrible here. Baring that check/folding the turn would be my choice.

[ QUOTE ]
Id like a play on all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This worries me. Finding a way to get to showdown every time you have a PP against a TAG player is not going to make money.

Barry
05-01-2005, 12:47 AM
With only 1 limper, I'd muck 55 PF. If it was folded to me I would raise out of the HJ seat.

OK on the flop, you hope that he just have overcards, so you c/r. When he 3-bets in a 2/4 game, he almost always has an overpair. I'm not seeing the river here, let alone calling it.

I think this is a case of putting your opponent on a hand that you can beat, and sticking with it no matter the betting.

MattC
05-01-2005, 01:11 AM
i raise preflop to get it heads up as your probably not going to get your multi way action. otherwise fold, but i like to play so i say raise.

also makes the hand a bit easier to play later on.

KDawgCometh
05-01-2005, 01:26 AM
I don't like raising PF with this hand with one limper ahead of me in the HJ. I'd call his threebet and look to fold the turn if I don't pick up a set

Barry
05-01-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call his threebet and look to fold the turn if I don't pick up a set

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call the flop 3-bet, I hope that you call the turn if a 4 or 6 hits.

toss
05-01-2005, 02:32 AM
I think I like betting out all of a sudden on the turn would be better. I think it'll put pressure on him and it'll be hard for him to raise you back.