PDA

View Full Version : Why are rake stats of in PT???

Schizo
05-01-2005, 12:19 AM
I play on Empire and the amount of rakeback I get doesn't match what I am getting. Does anyone know why? And no, my affiliate isn't ripping me off.

ZBTHorton
05-01-2005, 12:36 AM
How far is it off?

iluzion
05-01-2005, 12:38 AM
Which stat are you looking at? "Total Rake" on the general tab is calculated as exactly what you pay, if I'm correct, but for rakeback purposes, what you "pay" is the total rake from every hand, divided by the number of players in the hand.

ZBTHorton
05-01-2005, 12:40 AM
I thought rake back was done by what you pay??

mannika
05-01-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought rake back was done by what you pay??

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on most sites. Thankfully.

Schizo
05-01-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Which stat are you looking at? "Total Rake" on the general tab is calculated as exactly what you pay, if I'm correct, but for rakeback purposes, what you "pay" is the total rake from every hand, divided by the number of players in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any way you can keep track of how much rakeback you are supposed to get?

OrianasDaad
05-01-2005, 01:38 AM
Rake (the way most rakeback affiliates do it) is determined by the number of players dealt into the hand. The actual rake taken from your hand divided by this number represents your MGR for that hand.

A game where 8 players were dealt cards and $4.00 is raked will attribute $0.50 per player (4 / 8) for rake purposes. If you are getting 20% rakeback, you get $0.10 (.5 * .2) in rakeback for that hand.

OrianasDaad
05-01-2005, 01:41 AM
You can probably finagle the average num of players and average pot size and apply some sort of standard deviation to get a good guesstimate.

I haven't the knowledge to do so, however.

LBJ
05-01-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any way you can keep track of how much rakeback you are supposed to get?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can track the actual amount of rakeback you SHOULD receive, as long as you use Poker Tracker. Here's how:

1. Open your ring game stats
2. Go to 'Preferences'
3. Under 'Session Dates', click 'Since a Date' and enter the day your month started (04/01/2005)
4. Go to 'Game Notes'
5. Click 'Get All' on the right side of the screen
6. Divide the total amount of rake by the 'APH' (Average Players per Hand) which is below the listing of the games.

stabn
05-01-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can track the actual amount of rakeback you SHOULD receive, as long as you use Poker Tracker. Here's how:

2. Go to 'Preferences'
3. Under 'Session Dates', click 'Since a Date' and enter the day your month started (04/01/2005)
4. Go to 'Game Notes'
6. Divide the total amount of rake by the 'APH' (Average Players per Hand) which is below the listing of the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also take into account that if you cleared a bonus the money in rake paid your affiliate gets will definitely be short because of the bonus.

IggyWH
05-01-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

2. Go to 'Preferences'
4. Go to 'Game Notes'

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, let me add if you played different games during that time, you have to repeat the steps for each level. So when you're on the preferences tab, check just 1 level of play.

toxtox
05-01-2005, 02:42 AM
my "total rake" (real rake i pay) on pokertracker is always significantly higher then the average rake/player that my affilate gets paid for me.............................what does this mean? ive never given it much thought. does it mean im involved in more hands then average? or that i win more pots (therefore pay more rake) then average?