PDA

View Full Version : Favorability Ratings For Poker Sites

Matty
05-01-2005, 12:02 AM
What is your impression of the following sites?

Wyers
05-01-2005, 12:26 AM
A little typo in the name of the first site.

Please edit your post to include the correct name...

PimpPoker

Thanks

Matty
05-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Can't edit polls.

I just switched from the qwerty keyboard to the dvorak (which I recommend to everyone) so besides that error, the poll also took about 15 minutes to make.

Edit: who's the one guy to vote unfavorable on PokerStars and why?

sumdumguy
05-01-2005, 12:59 AM
How long or how much effort to learn to type with dvorak kb?

Matty
05-01-2005, 01:06 AM
3 weeks to regain your speed, and the average person becomes 80% faster with 60% less errors eventually. The best part is how much better it is for your wrists though.

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/

sumdumguy
05-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Disclaimer: Been some time since I last played on most of these sites.

PrimaPoker
I have not personally had any cashout problems with TGC, despite some others having complaints. The games are ok to good. Rake among best in the industry. Software is more demanding on PC and/or video card and action buttons placement kinda sucks.

Cryptologic
The quality of games (sub-Party) do not justify the higher than Party rake. Industry worst rake schedule for shorthanded 5/10 and up. Software is slow and color schemes of many sites really suck.

PokerRoom
Don't like the GUI/Interface or 1 cash game table limit.

UltimateBet
Bonuses are good but (overall) rake sucks. Actually rake collected isn't bad, but this is because the games aren't "good" not because they have a favorable rake schedule.

PokerStars
Great rake schedule for small stakes and all the way up for 10 handed. Horrible rake for 5/10 and 10/20 shorthanded - 2nd only to cryptologic for most outrageous rake for shorthanded and middle limit.

Empire & Party
Best (holdem) games, but some really bad omaha 8 games. I suspect that the % of "good" games to bad is not much different from the next 4 biggest sites.. simply that there are more of them.

Pacific
No dispute that games are soft; however, Lobby reported flop % is way higher than actual. Don't like limitation of 1 table. They are not pro friendly.. which is good because I'm a casual.

Others
Never played there or no comment.

AncientPC
05-01-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Although many people (including myself) achieve much higher speeds in Dvorak, a few have complained that they still can't type much faster after switching, especially fast QWERTY typists (perhaps 60 or more WPM). Even so, they usually find Dvorak more comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll pass on the Dvorak. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

stir
05-01-2005, 10:10 PM
nice rundown

stir
05-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Curious about any further comments on various sites?