PDA

View Full Version : Empire Tournament Masters

Newt_Buggs
04-30-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm only 19 but emailed Empire about tournament masters because I am 46th for April and got the following response:

"Thank you for contacting customer support.

As per Our Terms and Conditions, we do not allow players under 21 Years to participate in the WSOP event.

However, we see that you really enjoy our game a lot and you can surely take part in the Freeroll .We can make an exception here, that is if you win we can compensate you to max $5000.

If you have any more concerns or suggestions please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Suku
Empire Poker
Customer Support Team "

so....if I win the freeroll they give me a $5,000 prize but if anyone else wins they give out a $10,000 prize. I understand that I don't have a right to bitch since its free, but this still seems stupid to me

Anyway, who else made it?

http://www.empirepoker.com/news/tournament_masters.html if you have no idea what I'm talking about and still care

viennagreen
05-01-2005, 12:08 AM
i think you're lucky that empire is willing to give you $5000

btw, empire poker's support is SO much better than Party's, especially since they started the vip@empirepoker.com email support... i don't have nearly as many problems with stupid responses as i did over at Party.

Nottom
05-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Damn, now Raptor might show up.

and yeah, i'm in.

TheUsher
05-01-2005, 12:21 AM
*sigh* looks like I'm going to miss the cutoff this month since I was gone more than half of it. Last I checked I was about 100 or so but next month you could pretty much guarantee me in the top 50. Is it just a winner take all type of thing or do 2-??? get something too?

The Yugoslavian
05-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Yeah, after making it in my first month on Empire I've missed it for the second time in a row.

Guess I should just quit my job so I make sure to get enough STTs in, hunh?

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

raptor517
05-01-2005, 12:35 AM
yea last one i played stupid sucker sucked out dirty on me 3 handed and won the seat. godamn luckboxes. was just like a sng. holla

TheUsher
05-01-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, after making it in my first month on Empire I've missed it for the second time in a row.

Guess I should just quit my job so I make sure to get enough STTs in, hunh?

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

If you quit your job and could handle living off your rakeback then sure quit tomorrow. I hear Top Ramen is real yummy. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

johnny005
05-01-2005, 02:26 AM
I'm currently in 49th place hope I dont get bumped out :P I didnt get to play any games today... I was way to hungover to even want to waste my money

Newt_Buggs
05-01-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*sigh* looks like I'm going to miss the cutoff this month since I was gone more than half of it. Last I checked I was about 100 or so but next month you could pretty much guarantee me in the top 50. Is it just a winner take all type of thing or do 2-??? get something too?

[/ QUOTE ]
its a cool promotion, but nothing too special. It basically has a net value of $100 ($10,000/100) or $50 in my case. Free is always good, but $50-$100 isn't that much money if you're playing enough to make it in the top 50

raptor517
05-01-2005, 02:34 AM
it has a net worth of around 1k for me, since ill win it 1 in 5 times. so its still not really worth it. but still kinda fun to do. holla

DonButtons
05-01-2005, 03:10 AM
top 5 baby...next month I will pwn that leaderboard...

raptor517
05-01-2005, 03:13 AM
hah, u have NO chance. especially next month if i move and can play without disconnecting every day. holla

DonButtons
05-01-2005, 03:21 AM
go watch 24 you wuss..

You played like a million sngs and gramps beat ya, thats sad dude.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dude, dont try to beat me, you;ll go broke in the process /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nottom
05-01-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

its a cool promotion, but nothing too special. It basically has a net value of $100 ($10,000/100) or $50 in my case. Free is always good, but $50-$100 isn't that much money if you're playing enough to make it in the top 50

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak for yourself ... some of the people on the leaderboard really suck and can use every $100 Empire wants to give them. Espescially that guy in 41st place.

TheUsher
05-01-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
go watch 24 you wuss..

You played like a million sngs and gramps beat ya, thats sad dude.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dude, dont try to beat me, you;ll go broke in the process /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gramps
05-01-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You played like a million sngs and gramps beat ya, thats sad dude..

[/ QUOTE ]

You know you play way, way too many SNGs per month when Empire e-mails you asking if it's okay for them to stop sending Tournament Masters plaques each month...

Volume baby, volume.

Nottom
05-01-2005, 10:57 AM
When do they normally run the Masters tourneys? From reading the page it sounds like they run on the first, but I haven't recieved any e-mail about it and don't see anythign listed on the toureny page.

Apathy
05-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Nice, I think I'll continue my push everyhand for the first hour strategy again this time /images/graemlins/grin.gif, I came 6th on the board, which is a bitter disappointment... I BUBBLE AGAIN!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, it's been a great month for the little amount of playing I've done so I can't complain at all.

If others actually show up to this tourney unlike last month I promise I 'll finish better then 99th. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Paul2432
05-01-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so....if I win the freeroll they give me a $5,000 prize but if anyone else wins they give out a $10,000 prize. I understand that I don't have a right to bitch since its free, but this still seems stupid to me

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone plays in the WSOP that has some advertising value to Empire. If they just give you $5000 there is no benefit to them.

BTW, to others in this thread, two things.

1) How are you ditching your mothers to play this tournament (next Sunday is Mother's day)? Or mother-in-law in my case.

2) I think this is the last month for the WSOP seat, at least according ot the TM page.

Paul

DonButtons
05-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi bubble boy, lol... /images/graemlins/wink.gif
When does this tournament actually take place, and does anyone want to do last longer bets?