PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Flush Gets Three Bet on the Turn

imported_leader
04-30-2005, 11:28 PM
CO is 40/4/1/ 80 hands

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls $2 (All-In), SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero...

This is pretty simple. Call this or cap it? If you think I should call, should I bet/call the river or check call? If the board paired on the end, would that change your answer?

Anyone think I should bet out the flop, BTW?

PokerSparky
04-30-2005, 11:30 PM
CO doesn't appear that aggro. The 3 bet worries me.

I'm calling down.

Fnord
04-30-2005, 11:38 PM
I bet the frop if I think the CO might fold.

As for the turn, given that this pot is somewhat small given how far we are along I don't think you can rule out a laydown given 4:1 to take this to showdown. Fail that, it's hard to go too wrong calling this down.

imported_leader
05-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Results: I capped. He called. The river was an 8 pairing the board. I check/called because that caused most of the hands that I beat on the turn to now beat me. In retrospect, I think calling here and either bet/calling or check/calling a river blank would be optimal.