PDA

View Full Version : commitment issues

oreogod
04-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Im intrested in the river of hand one, and both of the latter streets in hand 2. These may seem simple, I dont know, but I need work on my river value bets (dont know if thats what u could call it on hand 2)

anyway, here goes. No reads on anyone.

Hand numero Uno: cant say I put him on the flush, he probably had a low PP, but the last few days Ive seen some passive flush draw play.

Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

Hand deux:

I was thinking about betting the turn, but I cant say I love my hand if it gets raised or called.

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (1 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (1 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 1 BB

CallMeIshmael
04-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Hand 1: automatic river bet. Its not close. You have TOP TWO PAIRS!!

Hand 2: I bet the flop.

He checked to you. You have a pair. Is he really going to check a better hand than yours??

IF you checked the flop... bet the turn... he is betting a hand that is better than yours by now.

PokerSparky
04-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Hand 1: Monsters under your bed?
Hand 2: Blind vs. Blind, barring a read, I autobet when checked to by the SB.

imported_leader
04-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Hand 1: checking the river is really bad.
Hand 2: I'd bet the flop with any two against most players. In this case, you actually have a pair.

oreogod
04-30-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: checking the river is really bad.
Hand 2: I'd bet the flop with any two against most players. In this case, you actually have a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool.

On the turn do u fold to a CR (if he calls the flop), or if just called on the turn do u check the river?

imported_leader
04-30-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn do u fold to a CR (if he calls the flop), or if just called on the turn do u check the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd fold the turn to a CR normally. I'd check the river because of the lack of worse hands that would call my raise given the board. If the board was less scary, I would bet into a loose play and hope to get called by ace high (or worse).