PDA

View Full Version : Poker Seminars

ChipWisperer
04-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Are poker seminars worth this time and money? If so, which do you recommend?

SpeakEasy
05-01-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are poker seminars worth this time and money? If so, which do you recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly recommend the on-line and brink-and-mortar seminars. Some of the post popular on-line seminars are called "PokerStars," "PartyPoker," and "UltimateBet." I also recommend the B&M seminars called "cash games" or "ring games."

These seminars will give you a good return on your investment, especially is you play solid poker...

(P.S. I really hope you misspelled "Whisperer" by accident...)

ChipWisperer
05-02-2005, 10:34 AM
I agree that real-time experience is important, but am wondering if poker "camps", i.e., Hellmuth are worth investment.

I consciously spelled Wisperer that way due to many restrictions on length of names in most online cardrooms.

LINES
05-02-2005, 12:05 PM
If you're interested at all, you can look into Josh Arieh's seminars. http://www.josharieh.com/ and look for "Poker School". I personally dislike Hellmuth, and would never even pay him $1 for anything, let alone his book.

I also believe, i could be wrong, that Howard Lederer does classes somewhere. But if you want to know if they're viable to go to, yes... it's an experience in itself.

Schwartzy61
05-02-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that real-time experience is important, but am wondering if poker "camps", i.e., Hellmuth are worth investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worth the investment in what way?

You blow a couple hundred going to a MLB game with your familly but have a great time, was it a good investment? I would think so.

I'm sure you'll have a great time at these camps, but I wouldn't go into thinking this is going to make me that much better as a poker player. So I wouldn't think of it as an investment in my "poker business" so to speak. These things have much higher entertainment value than educational value I would think.

I've never been to one so this is mostly speculation and what I think it would wind up being like...